Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Murray gonna be a Wimbledon winner this year?

Will Murray win Wimbledon this year?

• Yes, he's going all the way

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Current form says no.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
When is Wimbledon?

I'm LAZY.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You want him to win for GB? But he's made it very clear how proud he is to be SCOTTISH.

I don't want him to win a game let alone a set and I'm quite happy for him not to represent me at any level thanks. I haven't forgotten the Paraguay shirt.

*pettygrudgeholder*

Feb 15, 2010
I don't want him to win a game let alone a set and I'm quite happy for him not to represent me at any level thanks. I haven't forgotten the Paraguay shirt.

*pettygrudgeholder*

Lets not hide the fact that he never actually wore a Paraguay shirt get in the way of your hatred, what actually happend was a journo was sitting with him and Tim Henman and they were talking about football and Henman asked who Scotland were playing at the World Cup knowing they hadn't qualified and asked who he'd be supporting and he said whoever is playing England, where are these pictures of this Paraguay shirt?

You could at least hate him for being an arrogant cuuunt or wanting England to lose instead of some made up grapevine bullshit :D

Typical Southerner, hating another proud Northerner :lol:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
nope, not performing anywhere near well enough this year.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I just hope he signs a new contract and that Gus gets him playing

I just hope he pulls his finger out & G&T get him to do 3 hours of shooting practice every day when he gets back from Magaluf. :annoyed:

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
When is Wimbledon?

I'm LAZY.

I had to change the post cos I have the dates mixed up. Which is a little worrying as I am going! It's 21st June-4th July. It always crosses over the two months!

Last edited:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Always last week of June and first of July. This year the Men's final falls on 9th July - apparently there's some other major sporting event final that day as well but I'm not sure!

What is that then?...

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Why if you want to vote no do you have to say it's either because of injury or he'll win another tournament.

I don't believe either of those things.
I suppose he might get injured at Wimbledon but he won't win it even if he doesn't.

No. If he was that good he would have won it by now. Look how many Grand Slam's Nadal has and then look at his age. Murray has none and when he get's into the latter stages of competition's and sometimes final's he get's way too defensive.

On his day he can beat anyone. If his serve percentage is high and he stops the forehand slice in every point he can win. If he get's to the final and just hit's big and goes for broke he will beat Federer/Nadal and what a final it could be!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Lets not hide the fact that he never actually wore a Paraguay shirt get in the way of your hatred, what actually happend was a journo was sitting with him and Tim Henman and they were talking about football and Henman asked who Scotland were playing at the World Cup knowing they hadn't qualified and asked who he'd be supporting and he said whoever is playing England, where are these pictures of this Paraguay shirt?

Blimey. I never thought we would agree on something.

It was silly banter and mucking around with the Tiger and the journalist.
If he is not getting called boring, he is getting death threats for what was an amusing bit of tomfoolery.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Blimey. I never thought we would agree on something.

It was silly banter and mucking around with the Tiger and the journalist.
If he is not getting called boring, he is getting death threats for what was an amusing bit of tomfoolery.
Yup, and the thing is he has never even let it faze him one bit. Doesn't even feel he needs to say anything on the matter. He's as focussed as anyone on tour despite a large percentage of the people he's representing hating him for something that didn't even happen. For that he'll only gain respect from me.

Alright he's not the most likeable player out there, but I love tennis far too much to let that get in the way of supporting by far the best player we've had in my lifetime.

As a side note, it's annoying that we have to do the same thing every year and inform people with the truth about the Paraguay shirt/English jibes etc.. you can bet if they printed it in a tabloid the word would get around efficiently.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here