Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is McGhees confidence waning?

westdeneite

Jul 26, 2004
Westdene
One match report this morning finished.............

"As Brightons's youngsters lost confidence, Coventry's experienced players took over.
"We've got to persevere with what we've got"said manager Mark McGhee "And I don't know whether that will be enough.""

The disappointing thing is that at beginning of season I really thought we would finish mid table.
The goalie situation was not really a problem. Dodd was brought in to give further experience to defence. Seb and Frutos seemed good acquisitions and up front, having spent £150000 + agents fee on Turienzo and the glowing reports on CKR plus the improving Jake ,and Leon, I thought we had a chance of banging some goals in.
6 months later disillusionment.
That's football for you!!!!!!!!!!:(

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Can anyone blame him with our so called suppoters on his back at every opportunity ???

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Im not knocking him but as stick goes he isnt getting much compared to the likes of Brown at Derby and Souness etc ..Yes a few people griping at him but not the outright boos you are and were getting at other grounds

westdeneite

Jul 26, 2004
Westdene
Except that with the Dodd and Turienzo situation known months back it was obvious, to most supporters that more experience was needed, even on loan, to get us in a better position up the table...

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
westdeneite said:
One match report this morning finished.............

"As Brightons's youngsters lost confidence, Coventry's experienced players took over.
"We've got to persevere with what we've got"said manager Mark McGhee "And I don't know whether that will be enough.""

The disappointing thing is that at beginning of season I really thought we would finish mid table.
The goalie situation was not really a problem. Dodd was brought in to give further experience to defence. Seb and Frutos seemed good acquisitions and up front, having spent £150000 + agents fee on Turienzo and the glowing reports on CKR plus the improving Jake ,and Leon, I thought we had a chance of banging some goals in.
6 months later disillusionment.
That's football for you!!!!!!!!!!:(
That sounds like your expectations have taken a knock rather than McGhee's or the players.

westdeneite

Jul 26, 2004
Westdene
That is probably very true.
But I have spent my life being a bit of an optimist and things for me aint turned out to bad.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Uncle Spielberg said:
Can anyone blame him with our so called suppoters on his back at every opportunity ???

You really haven't got a clue, have you? McGhee gets loads less stick than managers at other clubs, mainly because people appreciate what he's done.

Now he's getting some, deserved, flak for not adding some firepower to a team that has clearly needed it for months.

This ' no one wants to come here' just doesn't wash. When did Brentford sign DJ Campbell for £5,000. Last summer? Are you saying he wouldn't have come to the Championship? Now look at him. It's called scouting.

Even a confident, in-form Conference striker would have been better than what we've got up front, let alone League One or Two.

Instead of slagging all the fans off and making out you're the only one who knows Falmer is the key, take a step back and ask could McGhee have done it better this season. And the answer is yes, he could.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
With respest TG, totally disagree

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Fair enough. And I totally disagree with you that the admittedly unfortunately titled 'f*** off McGhee' thread is a disgrace. It's one of the best threads about the playing side I've seen for ages, with some excellent points on all sides. Could have done with being called something else, but what can you do.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
To be honest, the mods should have renamed that thread, especially as it misrepresents what is being talked about by more than half the contributors.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
More than likely, what do you want, a psychologist award?

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Simster said:
To be honest, the mods should have renamed that thread, especially as it misrepresents what is being talked about by more than half the contributors.

Aren't we moving into dodgy territory if we do that? Maybe merge the thread with the Muslim censorship one?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think the title is a disgrace not the contents. Anyway you are an Albion fan so you are :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here