Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is McGhee preparing us for the White Flag to be raised?

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
Quote from Mark McGhee after the Coventry game "We've got to to persevere with what we've got and I don't know whether that will be enough."

Reading between the lines I interpret this as:-

1) We won't be signing anybody.
2) The current squad are not good enough.
3) There's an heir of acceptance of relegation at the Club.
4) McGhee will be off come May.
5) The quest for Falmer is more important than all of the above.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Bromley shrimp said:
Quote from Mark McGhee after the Coventry game "We've got to to persevere with what we've got and I don't know whether that will be enough."

You really are a silly fakir.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
1)That's the impression i got
2)Some are, some aren't
3)I would hope not,but fear you may be right.
4)We live in hope
5)It probably is, but it still hurts like f*** to get relegated.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
In the years I have been following the Albion (29, I think...:eek: ), we have been:
(1) promoted (2) relegated (3) drawn FA Cup Finals (4) lost FA Cup Finals (5) lost Play-off finals (6) won Play-off finals (7) lost games we should have won (8) won games we should have lost (9) f***ed over by a corrupt board (10) come within agonising minutes of dropping out of the football league (11) lost our spiritual home (12) played 'home games' a 170 mile round trip away (13) been the laughing stock of the football league (14) been the pride of the football league (15) played at a converted athletics track.

...and a million and one other things too that I can't recall right now. I want us to stay in this league as much as everybody else, but I also know that if we get relegated it's because this year we weren't good enough. End of.
Above all else, for those of us in it for the long haul, the most important thing for this club is that we get to the promised land of a new ground. Falmer For All.

That's all.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
1) There is no number1.
2) See number 1.
3)See number 5.
4) he's a jolly good fellow.
5) Piss off I'm bored.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Bry Nylon said:
In the years I have been following the Albion (29, I think...:eek: ), we have been:
(1) promoted (2) relegated (3) drawn FA Cup Finals (4) lost FA Cup Finals (5) lost Play-off finals (6) won Play-off finals (7) lost games we should have won (8) won games we should have lost (9) f***ed over by a corrupt board (10) come within agonising minutes of dropping out of the football league (11) lost our spiritual home (12) played 'home games' a 170 mile round trip away (13) been the laughing stock of the football league (14) been the pride of the football league (15) played at a converted athletics track.

...and a million and one other things too that I can't recall right now. I want us to stay in this league as much as everybody else, but I also know that if we get relegated it's because this year we weren't good enough. End of.
Above all else, for those of us in it for the long haul, the most important thing for this club is that we get to the promised land of a new ground. Falmer For All.

That's all.

:thumbsup:

14 cup finals. Bring 'em and another load of cliches on :clap2: :albion: :albion: :albion: :albion: :clap2: :clap2: :albion:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Bromley shrimp said:

Wow. You read all that from a 1 line quote? Reminicent of most of the bullshit and shit stirring on this board.

Last edited:

Zed Seagull

Bromley shrimp said:

Another McGhee quote :
McGhee, hoping to complete the loan signing this week of prolific young Spurs reserve striker Lee Barnard, said: "It's not over by a long way. We have proved recently that we can win games and take points and we are hard to beat.

Hardly defeatest is it?

Some people talk some shite.

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
Re: Re: Is McGhee preparing us for the White Flag to be raised?

Zed Seagull said:
Another McGhee quote :
McGhee, hoping to complete the loan signing this week of prolific young Spurs reserve striker Lee Barnard, said: "It's not over by a long way. We have proved recently that we can win games and take points and we are hard to beat.

Hardly defeatest is it?

Some people talk some shite.

He's not on board and our last win was 4 weeks ago come Saturday.
Kindly offer the man's statement up against the reality of the perilous situation we're in. It's only Feb and there's till time to act, but how long will the pretence of "this player" and "that player" coming in be played out, before people start to wake up to the fact that we've left it far too late?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
We haven't left it too late. We have been trying and cannot get anyone.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
cant see the club laying down and just taking relegation. it's not our style! we'll fight till the last!

Windmill

Jul 6, 2003
Tadley, Nr Reading
Didn't I read somewhere that with this Judicial Review pending we need to keep some money back for court costs?

Could be why we can't break the bank. Not a lot of point bringing in someone who can't cut the mustard is there?

7 wins out of 14 is a tall order, but if we win 3 in a row at this point it's far from done and dusted.

Still need to keep the faith I think.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
tadley gull said:
Didn't I read somewhere that with this Judicial Review pending we need to keep some money back for court costs?

Could be why we can't break the bank. Not a lot of point bringing in someone who can't cut the mustard is there?

£90K

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
:yawn:

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
Yorkie said:
We haven't left it too late. We have been trying and cannot get anyone.

Exactly why I said there's still time to act.

How hard did we have to try for 38 year old Claridge last season, albeit for a month? Just a small token, something like that to indicate that we're serious about preserving our Division 2 status might help, but what have we got to show this time around for all the huffing and puffing?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Bromley shrimp said:
Exactly why I said there's still time to act.

How hard did we have to try for 38 year old Claridge last season, albeit for a month? Just a small token, something like that to indicate that we're serious about preserving our Division 2 status might help, but what have we got to show this time around for all the huffing and puffing?

Lots and lots of rejection slips.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here