Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Mary Whitehouse still alive?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
just found this on the beeb and it winds me up a treat!

"BBC Radio 1 is to introduce fines for presenters who use foul language on air following two complaints against breakfast show DJ Chris Moyles."

"Chris Moyles' breakfast show has around 6.3m listeners a week"

i mean COME ON......two bloody people out've 6 MILLION complained and the BBC & Ofcom go off on one as though Moyles had bombed a city with his fat arse....jesus f***ing christ it annoys me :angry:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Her last complaint was that the furnace at the crematorium was too hot.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
marywhitehouse_1.jpg

They gave up long ago.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Marc said:
just found this on the beeb and it winds me up a treat!

"BBC Radio 1 is to introduce fines for presenters who use foul language on air following two complaints against breakfast show DJ Chris Moyles."

"Chris Moyles' breakfast show has around 6.3m listeners a week"

You know that programme on Channel 4 (?) "Everyone hates Chris". Is that about Chris Moyles?

Should be.

Twat.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
May I just speak up in defence of Moyles?

Ignore the fact that he and I share an employer; I've never met the bloke and never am I likely to. But I do think he's a funny and skilled broadcaster, who's acutely aware of what his audience wants.

I'll happily admit that he was funnier in his earlier R1 career when he was a bit more wide-eyed about suddenly being a celebrity DJ and not quite understanding the lifestyle that went with it. But I still think some of the stuff on his current show is innovative and very well produced. He's not like, for example, Steve Wright -- who's been trotting out the same old ideas since the year dot.

Come on, 6.3m people a week can't be that wrong.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
May I just speak up in defence of Moyles?

Ignore the fact that he and I share an employer; I've never met the bloke and never am I likely to. But I do think he's a funny and skilled broadcaster, who's acutely aware of what his audience wants.

I'll happily admit that he was funnier in his earlier R1 career when he was a bit more wide-eyed about suddenly being a celebrity DJ and not quite understanding the lifestyle that went with it. But I still think some of the stuff on his current show is innovative and very well produced. He's not like, for example, Steve Wright -- who's been trotting out the same old ideas since the year dot.

Come on, 6.3m people a week can't be that wrong.

Not really the issue? It's about the fact that purely down to TWO people out of SIX POINT THREE MILLION the complaint has been upheld. They could've upheld the complaint even if ONE person had complained.

I'm sorry, that is a complete DISGRACE.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here