Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Magoo screwing this club up on purpose?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
We can't afford to sack him...

The guy knows he's gone at the end of the season...

Mcghee is known to be a very stubborn, proud, bitter man, and it appears to me he is doing everything in his power to sabotage the good spirit around the club, by falling out with the best players, disagreeing with the chairman in public, and messing about with the players, tactics and fans in general. Add to this his "inability" to attract players at the moment

...and before anyone goes into the whole, Magoo would not like to tarnish his image rant, the perception about this club from outsiders is that Magoo has the "impossible job" I don't think Magoo would tarnish his image too greatly by screwing us royally this season.

Either the above or the bloke is deranged

thoughts?

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Dwayne, unlike most people on here I think you are a clever guy, do you REALLY think that any individual is petty enough to screw the club up on purpose.

Leave this sort of post to the worthless Kevtheapesque gaggle of pondlife that this sort of thing normally comes from.:)

Last edited:

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
dwayne said:
We can't afford to sack him...

The guy knows he's gone at the end of the season...

Mcghee is known to be a very stubborn, proud, bitter man, and it appears to me he is doing everything in his power to sabotage the good spirit around the club, by falling out with the best players, disagreeing with the chairman in public, and messing about with the players, tactics and fans in general. Add to this his "inability" to attract players at the moment

...and before anyone goes into the whole, Magoo would not like to tarnish his image rant, the perception about this club from outsiders is that Magoo has the "impossible job" I don't think Magoo would tarnish his image too greatly by screwing us royally this season.

Either the above or the bloke is deranged

thoughts?

My thoughts are that this is a rather cynical and also a rather silly post. Why would he want deliberately to sabotage the club? What on earth gives you the idea that he will be gone at the end of the season: two matches ago the word was he was going to take us up! And would any manager want to leave a club with a wretched reputation as a `wrecker`? Nobody's happy at the moment, but do let's try to be a little more sensible and constructive, not further sap the spirit.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Deliberate - no.

But its a case of Graham Taylors - slowly losing the plot.

Rusco

Jul 8, 2003
Always Bringing Up The Rear
Rougvie said:
Leave this sort of post the the worthless Kevtheapesque gaggle of pondlife that this sort of thing normally comes from

Please don't put Dwayne in the same box as Kev The Ape ....... Kev will be most offended to be associated with that

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Can't really seeing him deliberately screwing a club.

Wouldn't exactly do wonders for his CV.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It is utter bollocks, MM could have taken £140k from the club last May, and walked away with none of the shit he gets from the Albion and Withdean.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Uncle Buck said:
Linesman, linesman.

Actually Bob Booker has turned into a bit of a Phil Neale 'yes boss' sort of person...

I said as much the other day - which makes Wilkins the Lawrie Mac - sort of trying to distance himself from the rantings of a loon

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i still honestly believe mcghee is doing his best to get us out of the league - unfortunately he is making a total pigs ear out of it

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Scotty M said:
i still honestly believe mcghee is doing his best to get us out of the league - unfortunately he is making a total pigs ear out of it

I think what you meant to say that McGhee s doing his best to get us out of the league -but down and not up.

Still Rougvie's post did make me chuckle, damn I need cheering up today too. :clap2: :clap2:

sleepynick

Sep 1, 2004
Saigon, Vietnam
I heard recently from a very reliable source that Magoo has been conducting secret meetings with Lewes District Council and CPRE.

In fact I've been shown documents which indicate that he has been putting his own money into LDC's coffers to aid them in their struggle to destroy this club.

I am told that Mark feels very annoyed that his plan to destroy team spirit backfired when we were promoted and then failed to be relegated (what a shiter for him that must have been eh?)

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Re: Re: Is Magoo screwing this club up on purpose?

countrygull said:
What on earth gives you the idea that he will be gone at the end of the season

Can you imagine the outcry if McGhee got a new contract?

I can't see there's any way that's going to happen unless he were to take us up; which is a remote prospect to say the least.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
sleepynick said:
I heard recently from a very reliable source that Magoo has been conducting secret meetings with Lewes District Council and CPRE.

In fact I've been shown documents which indicate that he has been putting his own money into LDC's coffers to aid them in their struggle to destroy this club.

I am told that Mark feels very annoyed that his plan to destroy team spirit backfired when we were promoted and then failed to be relegated (what a shiter for him that must have been eh?)

Are you one of Ben's sons by any chance ? :lolol:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Re: Re: Re: Is Magoo screwing this club up on purpose?

Repugnant Toad said:
Can you imagine the outcry if McGhee got a new contract?

I can't see there's any way that's going to happen unless he were to take us up; which is a remote prospect to say the least.

Unless we with the league by 10 points AND the FA Cup, no.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here