Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is last night really THAT much of a disaster?

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
This is Leicester's home record this season...

P W D L F A
6 6 0 0 11 2

Who HONESTLY thought that this was a nailed on win for us? (Judging by most of the comments on here there should be a LOT of people saying 'yes' to that question)

We could have scored a penalty but it was saved, not missed.

We had a chance at the end of the game that could/should have gone in.

The 2nd half was a massive improvement on the first and we could/should have got at least a point.

I know things aren't exactly amazing at the moment but don't read too much into last night. If you need to get your season back underway then last night was possibly the worst game to try and do it in!

Things do need to improve but lets not get carried away with the result last night.
I had this down as 2-0 Leicester, so actually we did a lot better than I thought we would..

But as others have said, a string of poor performances, struggling to score goals, lack of alternatives in attack, players arguing among themselves, new signings not exactly pulling up trees..things don't look good. One good result could turn it around though.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Nope but we have too many fans who seem to think we have a divine right to be at the top.

This is a very strong division as has been proved by some very bizarre and unexpected results from just about every team in this League.

Summed up perfectly for me by the sequence of results a few weeks back....

BHA 5 - 1 Barnsley
Birmingham 0 - 5 Barnsley
BHA 0 - 1 Birmingham

We lose 1-0 at home to the team that got beaten 5-0 at home by the team we beat 5-1 at home. Weird :shrug:

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011

P W D L F A
6 6 0 0 11 2

Who HONESTLY thought that this was a nailed on win for us? (Judging by most of the comments on here there should be a LOT of people saying 'yes' to that question)

The 2nd half was a massive improvement on the first and we could/should have got at least a point.

I know things aren't exactly amazing at the moment but don't read too much into last night. If you need to get your season back underway then last night was possibly the worst game to try and do it in!

Things do need to improve but lets not get carried away with the result last night.

Agree with most - but a penalty miss is exactly that, saved or not!!

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
It's not just this season is it? We ended last season with nothing to cheer, and now we seem to be repeating history by having
another rubbish run of results, moving the ball slowly, not creating chances and not scoring.
Last night in isolation is obviously not a problem, but when you put it alongside the other results, there is a worrying trend

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
it wouldnt have been if we had got something from 3 homes games previous. Every game is now important otherwise we are soon gonna be in that relegation scrap.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
, there is a worrying trend

Absolutely and it is nothing more than worrying it is not the disaster so many would have you believe. Frustrating yes but time to sack the manager? Oh do f*** off ( and that's not aimed at you btw!)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
One result isn't but when it is part of a depressing run of form coupled with no goals scored and players arguing amongst themselves it becomes a concern

This is about right, imo.

Last night's result in isolation was nothing to get too worked up about. We lost by one goal, and played well enough to earn at least a point. Taken in the context of a run of 5 matches which have all gone that way though, its definitely concerning, Its all about money for the right forward, I think. If we'd had a Ricky Lambert up front, for example, over these last five games, we'd be top of this league.

Our attacking options simply don't match up to our competitors'. It was tru last year, and its true now.

CMS / Barnes / Dobbie / Adgestein / Hoskins

If Dobbie was looking like the player we were hoping for, things would look very different. So far though, he is miles from it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
. If we'd had a Ricky Lambert up front, for example, over these last five games, we'd be top of this league.
UOTE]

With the way our luck is at the moment he'd have got sent off after 5 mins or got injured in the warm up of his first game.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That is true, but that's more 'had the chances to take a point' rather than 'played well enough to get a point'. We could have scored two goals, the penalty and the chance in the last minute. But I would argue that Leicester could just as easily have been 3-0 up after 20 minutes. I remember commenting at about that time that I would be delighted to get in at half-time at 1-0, and the truth is we were lucky to do so. On the balance of the WHOLE game, no way did we deserve a point.

I wasn't there, so I'm not going to argue with you on that.

From the commentary, it seemed that we were awful for 25 minutes, then more solid, and came into the game more in the second half.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
You yourself have stated that Barnes SHOULD have scored in the last minute. Had he done so, we would have earned a point, no?

:p:p:p I have to admire your loyalty, blind though it may be, that's the key isn't it though??.... Barnes missed again and again and again.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
:p:p:p I have to admire your loyalty, blind though it may be, that's the key isn't it though??.... Barnes missed again and again and again.

Your post makes absolutely no sense. I was commenting on Barnes MISSING a chance wasn't I? Explain the blind loyalty part.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Give me a 3-2 defeat than the PREDICTABLE 1-0 defeat ANYDAY

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton

P W D L F A
6 6 0 0 11 2

Looking at this as a one off game i would agree with you. However 2 pts from the last 15pts - which could easily become 2pts from the last 18pts is a worry stat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here