Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is knowing the offside rule optional for linos nowadays?

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
That was completely embarrasing by the lino, couldn't believe it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We all laughed when he put his flag up as we couldn't believe that he had done it. Fortunately the ref ignored him, making the lino look even more of an idiot.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I have a feeling he didn't know the ball was from a throw in. I think he thought it was played through

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
What a clown.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I have a feeling he didn't know the ball was from a throw in. I think he thought it was played through

503449.jpg

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
First time I've EVER seen that from an official. A real double-take moment. I mean there's incompetence, and then there's just...

..well.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
21,000 people in the stands knew it wasn't offside. Just a shame the linesman didn't! What a shambles.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Its hardly a rule a linesman wouldn't know - He just missed it, might be stupid and perhaps he should have seen it but assuming he didn't know that beggars belief

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I took great pleasure in calling him a fat blind **** much to the amusement of our bit of wsu!

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Offside from a throw-in is a new one to me. Apparently Blatter brought in new rules this year. The irony being if we complain about it, we'll be the ones who get fined. Genuinely unbelievable.

Its hardly a rule a linesman wouldn't know - He just missed it, might be stupid and perhaps he should have seen it but assuming he didn't know that beggars belief

Okay. Let's assume he didn't know it was a throw-in. Are you now saying that he put his arm down again very quickly because the crowd told him he was wrong? I looked straight at the ref after his flag went up and the ref did nothing. That means that the lino was influenced by the crowd in that case. Hmm...

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Okay. Let's assume he didn't know it was a throw-in. Are you now saying that he put his arm down again very quickly because the crowd told him he was wrong? I looked straight at the ref after his flag went up and the ref did nothing. That means that the lino was influenced by the crowd in that case. Hmm...

All I'm saying is that he made a mistake and realised it when everybody got on his back. I've once or twice for a moment forgotten where I parked the car but it didn't mean I didn't know I had one!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
All I'm saying is that he made a mistake and realised it when everybody got on his back. I've once or twice for a moment forgotten where I parked the car but it didn't mean I didn't know I had one!

He didn't make just one mistake. The first challenge when the centre half went through Sparrow, he flagged for a free-kick in the other directiion and the ref overuled him. Missed a ball going off the Hull player a couple of times and also gave us a favourable decision as well. Arguably in over 35 years of watching the Albion, for me he is one of the most incompetent.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
He didn't make just one mistake. The first challenge when the centre half went through Sparrow, he flagged for a free-kick in the other directiion and the ref overuled him. Missed a ball going off the Hull player a couple of times and also gave us a favourable decision as well. Arguably in over 35 years of watching the Albion, for me he is one of the most incompetent.

I don't disagree - he wasn't the worst I've ever seen though by far. Can I just point out that I'm only saying I disagree that it was a case of him NOT KNOWING THE OFFSIDE RULE - he just F**** up!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here