Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is John Byrne part of the anti Adams faction?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
f***ing hell, is there nothing that some people will try and dredge up just to suit their own agenda?

Who honestly gives a rats arse if JB is part of this so-called 'anti-Adams' brigade. He's a commentator, paid to do a job, and give the listener every possible scope of the game that they can't see. Why do potential coaches go into media? Because they can't be arsed with the flack and shit that goes with being involved directly in the game, and with the flogging MA is getting 1/5th into a season, who can honestly blame them.

Let it go for christs sake, because this is getting really boring now. Yes we have been naff at home, but the way some of you are going on, it's like the players are doing it on purpose. It will get sorted, and we will get better, but continously getting on the players and the managers back is counter-productive. FACT.

That's why I understand Adams throwaway and slightly snipey comment yesterday about being 7th. Clearly he is irritated by that and why wouldn't he be?

:rant:
I think you've missed the point, it is Ian Hart who is dribbling on about some "anti Adams faction" and yet John Byrne has seemingly made similar (reasonable) comments on the very same shows as Hart that many people on here and elsewhere have made which have led to them being called anti Adams/window lickers.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
A lot of decent players have either come to this club or were persuaded to stay having spoken to Adams, but our home form is still shit.

This would suggest Micky is good at "selling the vision" but bad at the tactics. Regardless of who we play against, what division they're in or how many players they have left on the pitch, we singularly fail to win.

Micky and his coaching staff have to sort out our defending and this Withdean factor bollocks. I think they'll turn it around eventually, but it has to happen soon.

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
A lot of decent players have either come to this club or were persuaded to stay having spoken to Adams, but our home form is still shit.

This would suggest Micky is good at "selling the vision" but bad at the tactics. Regardless of who we play against, what division they're in or how many players they have left on the pitch, we singularly fail to win.

Micky and his coaching staff have to sort out our defending and this Withdean factor bollocks. I think they'll turn it around eventually, but it has to happen soon.

The whole selling the vision thing is spot on - I strongly thought that Adams should have been bought back to the club, not as manager but as director of football with the sole aim of locating and getting players to sign on the dotted line which the manager, whether that was Wilkins or someone else wanted. Whether he would have taken that though is another point.

I think you've missed the point, it is Ian Hart who is dribbling on about some "anti Adams faction" and yet John Byrne has seemingly made similar (reasonable) comments on the very same shows as Hart that many people on here and elsewhere have made which have led to them being called anti Adams/window lickers.

By jove you've got it.

The reason I started this thread is in response to IH who started a thread on Monday which was somewhat contentious and probably designed to get a reaction which it did.

On his very show there is not only a legend but an astute pundit who is only saying what many on here say and it has nothing to do with any factions, it is purely reflective of what people can see with their own eyes.

JB himself commented last night that it seems all well and good that Harty can proclaim MA to be the best thing since Jesus was a baby and anyone who takes a different view is accused of being in a faction. That is not the case - what is the case is that people are entitled to an opinion whether it is proclaimed on here or elsewhere.

That does not excuse the idiots who will always complain just for the sake of complaining which is completely different.

IH needs to wake up and get a reality check and respect there are some intelligent people saying the same thing and perhaps he should be more conscious of being more balanced in his comments?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
In every game I have listened to on SCR Byrne has called what's wrong and what's needed and what would happen if things on the pitch weren't changed. Worrying that a commentator can see things that the manager can't imo.

The worry is that most of us can see problems that MA can't, whether it's the aimless lumping of crosses vs 9 men rather than pass and move, whether it's playing an unfit Hawkins, whether it's sitting too deep trying to hold leads, or whether it is inexplicably having Virgo on the right of midfield while Ansinyah is sat on the bench despite showing some cracking form ..... loads of us can all see this, but MA somehow can't. That is the worry, it's not just Budgie who can see problems which Micky either can't or chooses to ignore.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here