Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

is it wrong to eat veal

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Curious Orange said:
My mate reckons that all food should be cooked in breadcrumbs 'cos it tastes great, he says fish fingers and turkey burgers are clear evidence of this.
He's right - tell your mate to get in a car, drive to Germany, stop at the first place he comes to and order a Jaegerschnitzel (pronounced "Yaygershnitserl") with chips. Even at motorway services, they are the most GORGEOUS things in the world, even nicer than currywurst.

I eat veal but it's always a bit so-so really - can't quite see the point, doesn't taste of much and, frankly, you never get very much. I'd say that a good tenderised pork steak actually has more flavour and is a bit more humane (I know, I know).

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Man of Harveys said:
I'd say that a good tenderised pork steak actually has more flavour and is a bit more humane (I know, I know).

does that fence hurt harvs?

veal is a delightful meat, like foie gras it is almost certainly unacceptable to treat animals like that. unfortunately my desire for good food overrides my desire to be good, so for me it's 10/10

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
afters said:
does that fence hurt harvs?

veal is a delightful meat, like foie gras it is almost certainly unacceptable to treat animals like that. unfortunately my desire for good food overrides my desire to be good, so for me it's 10/10

You should be proud of your self ..

foiegras3.jpg

DUCKWING.jpg

duck-foiegras-07.jpg

185_foie_gras_ducks1.jpg

Last edited:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Curious Orange said:
My mate reckons that all food should be cooked in breadcrumbs 'cos it tastes great, he says fish fingers and turkey burgers are clear evidence of this.

Oooh turkey burgers, those were the days. Not had them in years, but they were the classic kids dinner. turkey burgers, chips and baked beans.

Oh and veal is great.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I think that by and large people are too detatched from their food these days, it doesn't start out wrapped in plastic you know.

There used to be an abatoir at the end of Dorking High Street, its housing now, but in some ways I think that it is sad that it isn't there as school kids no longer get to hear and smell death on a regular basis. It is a normal, natural thing.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
foiegras3.jpg

Afters, I think I tried to chat her up your wedding. Despite her large penis'n'scrotum ensemble, not to mention her apparent blindness, I got blown out. :down:

Last edited:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I have read some of hugh fearnley whittingstall's stuff about meat etc, and he's all for animals having a happy existence as their meat tastes better in is opinion, and he reckons that the geese are such greedy buggers that they queue up for their force feedings.

I don't think I have tasted it myself yet but can vouch for jaeger schnitzel being top notch :bowdown:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Yes, it is cruel, how would you like it if you were a young calf forced to spend your life in a crate, unable to go for a run in the fields or eat nice fresh grass.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Gully said:
Yes, it is cruel, how would you like it if you were a young calf forced to spend your life in a crate, unable to go for a run in the fields or eat nice fresh grass.

I wouldn't care for it much, how about you?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Curious Orange said:

he has a very good point - although this could bring up the classic breaded mars bar arguemnt

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Be nice to have UDDERS though

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Rodders said:
turkey burgers were great, but how good were the turkey plane shapes or the turkey dinosaurs...gorgeous....so full of everything but turkey but they were delightful !!!!
:clap2: :bowdown:

oh my days - immense stuff. turkey airplanes were the stuff that dreams are made off

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here