Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it wrong to eat myself?

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
The Northstander said:
If you put it in a jelly you could call "Spine in Brine!"

:clap:

It is in an orange jelly, I think to preserve it.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
The gelatinous central portion of the disc is called the Nucleus Pulposus. It is composed of 80 - 90% water. The solid portion of the nucleus is Type II collagen and non-aggregated proteoglycans.

The outer ligamentous ring around the nucleus pulposus is called the Annulus Fibrosus, which hydraulically seals the nucleus, and allows intradiscal pressures to rise as the disc is loaded. The annulus has overlapping radial bands, not unlike the plies of a radial tire, and this allows torsional stresses to be distributed through the annulus under normal loading without rupture.

Sounds delicious.....

Old Goat

Jun 8, 2004
fatboy said:
I have part of the disc that they took out of my back in a pot on my shelf.

I was thinking about tasting it to see what it is like.

Although I am a vegetarian, it does not seem wrong to eat it as I am not dead.

Shall I taste it?

Yes go for it - open the pot and smell it first in case it is in formalin. Just have a nibble then put it back and tell us all about it. I dont think it will be edible though.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Yeah but anything that tastes like pork tend to give me the trots!

*coat and hat in hand*
:shootself

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Cooking Your Placenta!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are several sumptuous recipes around so that you can enjoy cooking and eating your placenta;
this one is for roasting it:-

Work on the basis that each placenta weighs approximately 1/6 of the baby's weight. To prepare a placenta, cut the meat away from the membranes with a sharp knife. Discard the membranes.

Roast Placenta
1-3lb fresh placenta (must be no more than 3 days old)
1 onion
1 green or red pepper (green will add colour)
1 cup tomato sauce
1 sleeve saltine crackers
1 tspn bay leaves
1 tspn black pepper
1 tspn white pepper
1 clove garlic (roasted and minced)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Method

(Preheat oven to 350 degrees)
Chop the onion and the pepper & crush the saltines into crumbs.
Combine the placenta, onion, pepper, saltines, bay leaves, white and black pepper, garlic and tomato sauce.
Place in a loaf pan, cover then bake for one and a half hours, occasionally pouring off excess liquid.
Serve and enjoy!

Dehydrating your placenta!

Instead of cooking your placenta whole, you can dehydrate it and then add it to meals! The following method is extracted from an article entitled "Thinking About Eating Your Placenta?" by Susan James, which appeared in the winter 1996 issue of "The Compleat Mother". It was discovered posted on a newsgroup noticeboard, so we cannot absolutely guarantee its authenticity, or that it is an actual verbatim account of the magazine article.

Method

"Cut off the cord and membranes. Steam the placenta, adding lemon grass, pepper and ginger to the steaming water. The placenta is "done" when no blood comes out when you pierce it with a fork. Cut the placenta into thin slices (like making jerky) and bake in a low-heat oven (200-250 degrees F), until it is dry and crumbly (several hours). Crush the placenta into a powder - using a food processor, blender, mortar and pestle, or by putting it in a bag and grinding it with rocks. Put the powder into empty gel caps (available at drug and health food stores) or just add a spoonful to your cereal, blender drink, etc. The recommended doses vary, some suggest up to 4 capsules a day, others just one. Perhaps the best advice is to take what makes you feel good".
If you think this is bad, try looking at the following website which has a section called Umbilical Cord Care/Placenta Questions!

If anyone has tried eating their placenta - dried or otherwise, perhaps they could let us know what it was like?!

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
It doesn't smell of anything.

I think it is a bit like eating someone's ashes, and therefore wrong.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Yoda said:
Have you done it yet Andy?

No.

I am getting rather hungry but I have some macaroni cheese cooking.

SUE and KATIE are coming round soon. So I may offer it to them.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The question is Fatboy, would you give yourself a blow job if you could ?.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Gareth Glover said:
The question is Fatboy, would you give yourself a blow job if you could ?.

Of course I would.

Whether I would spit or swallow is the important question.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Lush said:
I have SEEN the contents of this jar and I think it could best be disguised in a strawberry milkshake...

:sick:

Beach Hut and I were also treated to a viewing last week!

:sick: :sick: :sick:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here