Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it wrong for grown men to wear football shirts?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
My only problem is getting in the fecking thing--------should have bought xxlarge this season-------------thats the only drawback of gallons of 'Harveys' :drink::drink::drink:

Jan 30, 2008
love looking round the amex and seeing a sea of the stripes so will continue to where my shirt as i have done since i started going to football in th 70s
ps having spoken to a few of the players about this they all said they love looking into the stands and seeing the colours on display
yeah what else would they say , i admire your commitment but isn't time to wake up ?

Feb 14, 2010
Its a free country but its beyond me why:-

1. Grown men (and women these days) wear football shirts and
2. Coaches, staff and ex players now in their 40s or older but still wearing track suits and even football shorts / socks as if they were playing.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
love looking round the amex and seeing a sea of the stripes so will continue to where my shirt as i have done since i started going to football in th 70s
ps having spoken to a few of the players about this they all said they love looking into the stands and seeing the colours on display

This is it, I always wear mine. The more blue & white stripes in the crowd the better it looks.

It also helps distinguish the real fans from the casual spectators i.e Stripes = Brighton fans, Assortment of nondescript colours = mixture of Home, Away & neutral spectators

Jan 30, 2008
This is it, I always wear mine. The more blue & white stripes in the crowd the better it looks.

It also helps distinguish the real fans from the casual spectators i.e Stripes = Brighton fans, Assortment of nondescript colours = mixture of Home, Away & neutral spectators
take a long look at what you've just posted :dunce:

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
So summing up,all the older fans who wear the stripes need to grow up and those that dont are miserable feckers. Ill just go and lay my shirt out for tomorrow!

Bodular

Jul 9, 2012
I would have worn my shirt but they put my first name on it and my age ....... I won't be wearing my shirt

White trainers and a superdry tshirt for me. :tosser::tosser:

tweenster

Oct 16, 2009
Lincoln
Personally I won't wear a football shirt but have no issue with those that choose to, especially to the match. I do, though, have a very nice 'proper' shirt in blue and white stripes that is my 'going to football' shirt, as opposed to a 'football shirt'.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I think that wearing a football shirt unless you are playing looks ridiculous. However, I also think that you should wear whatever you like. Therefore I won't have one on and if you do good luck to you!

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
My daughter bought me one for my birthday with instructions that I must wear it to home matches, problem is she gave my age as my number,65, and POPS as my name.
So if you see a rather large gent wearing a simular shirt whilst holding a pint of Harveys it will me me!

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Each to their own. I think it is a bit weird though. Kids fine, adults hmmm.... I supposed it all adds to our transfer budget. Last time i wore a kit of any kind was when i was about 12. That is the cut off point in my opinion :)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
White trainers and a superdry tshirt for me. :tosser::tosser:

The British/Greek bloke, Theo Karpatios, who set up Superdry, based in Cheltenham, has packed it in. Whats all that Japanese writing on their clothes all about then? I assumed it was Japanese style, turns out its from the Buntiest Chompers In the Clundy

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Why is it sad to where your teams colours I am mid thirties and wear my shirt with pride and always will

Try the other end of the stick... im saying bollocks to the people who HAVE a problem with people wearing there shirts, i often wear mine on non match days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here