• Nay

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • Why didn't you just look up reviews you CLOWN

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It depends, on who you are and what you are used to!

I use mine alot, take it on planes and trains, brilliant. In hotels I stay, get free WiFi so nice to catch up on internet stuff in the evening.

Also my missus has one as a laptop replacement, no problems what so ever.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Why didn't you just look up reviews you CLOWN

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
It depends, on who you are and what you are used to!

I use mine alot, take it on planes and trains, brilliant. In hotels I stay, get free WiFi so nice to catch up on internet stuff in the evening.

Also my missus has one as a laptop replacement, no problems what so ever.

Student so to be used for note taking, quick access to internet without having to lugg around a laptop, music, games, NSC and shiz

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Im toying with the idea of replacing my creaking Dell soon.

Does it have a decent word processor? All I am going to need something for is surfing the net, writing and storing photos. No other wizardry.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Student so to be used for note taking, quick access to internet without having to lugg around a laptop, music, games, NSC and shiz

In that case, I think do it. There are apps for this (Evernote) which you can then sync with any other devices (PCs, laptops etc) so have the same notes available everywhere

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
They're not for me but I don't commute or need anything more than my smartphone when I'm away from my desktop PC at home. Would be nothing more than a fun little gadget, but I can't afford to buy something just for a fun little gadget!

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Sorry to hijack your thread [MENTION=16080]Kazenga <3[/MENTION] but does anyone know if I buy one in the US whethe I will have any problems using it in UK (especially 3G version). Im going to Florida in November and they are significanty cheaper.

Oh, and yes I think they are DECENT!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Depends what you use it for. If it's word processing, email, playing games and going on the web, it's a great device.

If it's graphic and web design, or video editing, it's not so good.

I sold my 16gb wifi ipad yesterday. If anyone has a 3G ipad that they are looking to sell, please let me know....

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Absolutely yes. Leave it on the sofa, browse the web when you want in about 2 seconds. The battery lasts FOREVER on standby. (More than a week if you don't use it much)

AND whenever you go on your travels it is a GODSEND.

Do it. do it do it.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Sorry to hijack your thread [MENTION=16080]Kazenga <3[/MENTION] but does anyone know if I buy one in the US whethe I will have any problems using it in UK (especially 3G version). Im going to Florida in November and they are significanty cheaper.

Oh, and yes I think they are DECENT!

Get the AT&T version and will work no problems. That is exactly what I have done, used it in US on AT&T sim, o2 sim, 3 sim etc!

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
no, they are just a big ipod touch that you cannot fit in your pocket.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Wasn’t going to bother with a tablet. But then HP decided to get out of the tablet market and decided to offload their Touchpad in the States for $150 instead of $600. Too good a deal to miss so bought one and it’s the dog’s doodahs.

DC Rules

Could It Be Forever?
Sep 19, 2006
Bought my iPad in USA last year, wifi version only, no problems, and warranty valid in this country too. It is rather like a large version of my iPhone, but find it great for taking minutes of meetings (I use DocsToGo which has Word, Excel and Powerpoint). Battery lasts for ages. Great for watching films - a 2hour film uses about 10% of battery.

Downside - no USB connection (not sure if new iPad2 has) so have to connect to laptop to add photos etc. No Flash either so some websites don't work correctly and can't play some games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here