Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it Today we found out about players new contracts

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
As for the amount of time this is taking... it is a joke... why, oh why, does DK set himself deadlines he is unaable to keep?... why are we so fcuking slow at getting this sorted, so we can start plugging any gaps in our squad?... other clubs had this sorted and were signing players weeks ago...

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
B.W. said:
As for the amount of time this is taking... it is a joke... why, oh why, does DK set himself deadlines he is unaable to keep?... why are we so fcuking slow at getting this sorted, so we can start plugging any gaps in our squad?... other clubs had this sorted and were signing players weeks ago...
I blame Tony Bloom.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The Large One said:
I blame Tony Bloom.

Why?... he was making a case for getting rid of a manager who took us down after falling out with a series of players, and making repeated ignorant comments in the press... also, by DK's admission, he has made a significant investment in the club, and is therefore entitled to his say...

Why not blame Dick Knight and Martin Perry for their misplaced loyalty in McGhee?...

1066gull

Another year of Race:clap2:
Another year of Race:clap2:
Oh how will we enjoy another year of Race and Guy:clap2: :angel:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I was being sarcastic. What is your problem in knowing so urgently which players are staying and which are going? The concern should be with the players in question, not you, and they have already been told.

Yes, as a shareholder, Tony Bloom is entitled to his say, but then, so is Dick Knight, so that needed sorting first. You are implying that Dick and Martin were at fault for keeping on Mark McGhee. You know for a fact Dick was wrong to do that? Then where would we have been? More players in limbo and even more delays.

You seem to think that these things run smoothly to a deadline. Look at the re-arrangement of the management squad. You think that took five minutes to come up with that plan? Even when that was suggested, EVERYONE still had to agree with it.

There's more to running a club than worrying about some sodding deadlines that don't directly involve or affect anyone on here (save Race).

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Didnt DK sort out contracts for Jones, Oatway and Chippy between Taylor leaving and having Hinsh installed?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I would think McGhee only has a "stay of execution" - thats probably the compromise that DK and MP negotiated with Mr Bloom. Give it 15-20 games, and if we're struggling.......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here