Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it time to sell Ashley Barnes

phatsam99

Jul 6, 2011
Why sell your top scorer? He's got 40 odd goals in the last 3 seasons! Or are you upset cos he doesn't score 3 goals a game like messi?

macky

Dec 28, 2004
If we were to sell him, I reckon we could command at least £1 million. Scored goals in League 1 and Championship.

one mil why would you want to sell our players on the cheap he's worth 2 mil of anyones money
scores goals when played right

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
one mil why would you want to sell our players on the cheap he's worth 2 mil of anyones money
scores goals when played right

He would break the Adam virgo transfer record for most money paid for a truly average player.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
He would break the Adam virgo transfer record for most money paid for a truly average player.

how can you say someone more than capable of scoring 20 plus goals a season is average

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Think you need to lay off the Stella

Stella? You rate him higher than I do. :thumbsup:

Why sell your top scorer? He's got 40 odd goals in the last 3 seasons! Or are you upset cos he doesn't score 3 goals a game like messi?

Merry Christmas, Ashley. Had a good one with the family? I have a shirt with your name and number on the back, I'd love you if you played up front alongside CMS. Like against Leeds for a while when we looked DANGEROUS. On the left? Meh, silly position and a waste of talent. In my own humble opinion, of course. I'd like to have a conversation with Gus about not wasting good players in a pointless position. When Dobbie has played, he's either been up front alone or on the left in the Barnes position. Same with Hoskins. When LuaLua plays on the left, he plays a proper position and he thrived against Millwall. Play Barnes in a natural position and BOP, footballer. Used as he currently is he won't live up to his potential here, like Craig Noone. But both Barnes and Noone have rapidly progressed under Gus' management, it's just a shame other clubs get the benefit.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Would that list be mainly made up of players doing nothing and going nowhere when Gus arrived? :thumbsup:

Bit of a mix and match.
The clear out he didn't have in the Summer.
Painter (through no fault of his own).
Barnes, Orlandi Lopez Hoskins KLL should apply more pressure to that position.
And the really painful one CMS.
I'm beginning to think he would excel in a different formation.
One were he regularly has at least 1 team mate in the same half as himself.

4-p

Sep 3, 2011
Shoreham
I think Barnesy will stay. I don't think the lack of goals is a lack of ability, they've all performed just not consistently. We know they can do it. Much of problem is psychological: confidence, composure etc. this is not something that a player can just magic up every match day.

There is a coaching requirement here too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here