Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it time to lose Hove ?

Should Brighton lose Hove ?

• Yes: Hove is not a football town anymore its far too genteel and sedate !!

Votes: 15 13.4%
  • No: Brighton needs Hoves money !!

Votes: 97 86.6%

• Total voters

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
I don't think it should be dropped, but watching the Football League Show for all intense purposes we are just Brighton.

I've only ever heard people who support the club add the Hove part.

The rest of the world just says Brighton.

I always refer to Brighton & Hove Albion, and I don't support you; I think it's a fine name. If I ever come to Brighton I'll visit Hove, as it's the birthplace of one of my favourite actresses. I think Bournemouth & Boscombe Athletic made a big mistake when they changed to the totally characterless AFC Bournemouth.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
If we were dropped I like the idea of Hove City being formed and coming back with foreign backing,rebuilding the Goldstone and thrashing Brighton Town FC at Falmer.

Boris Yeltsin

MR PRESIDENT to you, mate
Feb 13, 2008
Moscow
Would be the most apt use of the name "United"

Brighton and Hove United. See, it works.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I always refer to Brighton & Hove Albion, and I don't support you; I think it's a fine name. If I ever come to Brighton I'll visit Hove, as it's the birthplace of one of my favourite actresses. I think Bournemouth & Boscombe Athletic made a big mistake when they changed to the totally characterless AFC Bournemouth.

Brighton and Hove Albion is a rather grand title. So let's keep it.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
We are Brighton & Hove Albion, and I love it that way. You're just thinking too much, just leave well alone.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
A rejuvenated club so as near new as possible, a new ground, in a new city so what about Brighton City
Still a bit old-fashioned, I prefer the Brighton Seagulls.

Or we could really take the corporate dollar and build the sponsors name into our club name: 'Amex Brighton and Hove Albion'. Or even 'Brighton and Hove Albion sponsored by American Express Card Services (Europe) FC'. No one's gonna beat that for the longest club name in the world!

Or indeed the most stupid.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Still a bit old-fashioned, I prefer the Brighton Seagulls.

Or we could really take the corporate dollar and build the sponsors name into our club name: 'Amex Brighton and Hove Albion'. Or even 'Brighton and Hove Albion sponsored by American Express Card Services (Europe) FC'. No one's gonna beat that for the longest club name in the world!
We've been called Brighton for over a hundred years, it's tired, stale, the kids just aren't interested. We need something new and exciting for the modern era, using corporate synergy to embiggen our brand profile.

We should simply be called Bramex.

D

Deleted User X18H

If we get rid of Hove, do we get rid of Tim?

Might make some think twice :laugh:

Infamy infamy they've all got it .............:lolol:

Brighton & Hove Albion is the iconic name, for an iconic club, in an iconic city.

I notice its mainly non B&H residents who are in favour of this awful idea.

auschr

Apr 19, 2009
USA
We've been called Brighton for over a hundred years, it's tired, stale, the kids just aren't interested. We need something new and exciting for the modern era, using corporate synergy to embiggen our brand profile.

We should simply be called Bramex.

I like it

How about something like Btown FC

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Shouldn't it be "Brighton (from the south)" ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here