Votes: 92 67.6%
  • OUT

Votes: 44 32.4%

• Total voters

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
If the teams immediately above us were further away I'd say yes, but we are a couple of good results away from mid-table or just under. We are gash, but so are a lot of other teams in this division.

Saying that, two upcoming bad results against two very beatable teams and things could look very different. Slade is on thin ice, but can easily turn it around. Once clear daylight emerges between us and the others above us then it's time to call it a day.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
But results this season are improving. Thus his overall record will improve and become more impressive.

Yeovil 2-2
Leyton Orient 0-1
MK Dons 0-1
Bristol Rover 1-1
Southend 2-3

How is that improving ?.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Can't tell you that one but what i can tell you is Sir Alex Ferguson didn't exactly set the world alight when he was building a team for the future, who is to say we ain't just a few games away from that, i would say i would give him until Christmas unless we get a run of losses.

I'd go along with that. Ferguson didn't put United in the relegation zone though. I also think this constant changing of managers is counter productive, too many mistakes have already been made.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I am still voting in, but with an increasing level of hesitation. If we are still in the relegation zone at Christmas, I think he will go.

The decision to sack Wilkins looks worse as each week goes by.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Wobbling but in for two more games of which we need to win one.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
a loss on tuesday followed by anything less than a convincing in next week will spell the end for slade

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
anything less than 7 from our next 3 games and he will go because lets be realistic we are going to pick up f*** all in november and then confidence will drop sharply and we will have already plummetted down the table

Silkster365

Oooo its a corner
Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
Despite a lot of ridiculous comments on this thread its good to see that at the end of the day 65% want Slade in. Thank god the majority of our fans are sensible

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Another defeat tuesday eve, and a defeat at tranmere will seal the deal. Bloom will not stand for that, i cant see how he could ? And i would not blame him...........We need to getting our act together, this can not be all bad luck and a lack of gelling ! 12 games gone and you would expect a team to have gelled enough to keep a 2-0 advantage !! Or let me guess i dont know what im on about, As a Brighton fan i want the best for the team and im not really bothered how it comes about & I hoped Slade could do it, & i still want it to work, But its not is it......................?

Dickyboy

Feb 2, 2009
rustington
No point in changing the manager again look what happens to the teams that do they are never successful, this team needs time to find the right settled side and with a couple of wins were be top half of the table why not get behind the manager and players instead of moaning and shouting for his head.
Brighton fans seem to be so fickle tired of going to the matches hearing people slagging off the players and now the manager:shrug:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I'd go along with that. Ferguson didn't put United in the relegation zone though. I also think this constant changing of managers is counter productive, too many mistakes have already been made.

Me too. Unfortunately, too many people (especially kiddies?) expect instant success these days. Yes, the results at the start of another season have been poor again - but I honestly can't see a proven successful manager would touch us with a barge-pole at the moment. Results could (& hopefully will) improve in the run up to Christmas & I can't see that sacking RS will achieve the desired outcome at present. That said, I haven't got a clue what Mr Bloom's thinking, but his actions - or inaction - are the only indicators. I just hope his decisions prove to be wise ones, otherwise I can see a Bloom Out thread becoming a regular feature on here.. :rolleyes:

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Yes, the results at the start of another season have been poor again - but I honestly can't see a proven successful manager would touch us with a barge-pole at the moment.

What do you mean, haven't you seen all the threads about Coppell and Wise, apparantly they are gagging to be the next Albion Manager.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I know this is like the third post ive made in this topic but for me the next 3 games are crucial, for slade to survive we need to win all 3 really and convincingly because we wont get anything in november playing as we have been so unless slades picks up enough points to counter balance the fact we get barely anything in november, if we only pikc up say 4 points from our next 3 games then in early december we will still be on potentialy 13 points and certainly within the bottom 3, in which case he will go

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
The next two are crucial, anything other then six points then I can see Slade being shown the door. Tranmere and Wycombe got rid of their managers, because of results and Slade isn't getting the results and this is a telling factor after yesterday.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Still hanging on to my faith in Slade but finding it increasingly difficult.

I remember the threads in August questioning his future and people saying things like......"if we're still in trouble in October after a dozen or so games then it may be different".....so patience is wearing more than a little thin and the prospect of Coppell as a replacement is very mouth watering and if he was definately interested then I would soon join the "Slade out" camp.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here