Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is It Right To Be Angry When Your Tea Is Not On The Table After Work?

lincs seagull

Feb 25, 2004
boston
The Northstander said:
Yep, I think I need to have an affair just to let her know she's neglecting her house chores throughout the day!

yep that should do the trick

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
tinx said:
When I get home I cook myself and the wife dinner as she is looking after the baby.

Her looking after the baby is just as hard work as me being at work so why shouldn't I.

That opinion is definately very old fashioned

:clap2:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
We tend to take it in turns. Mind you I'm a far better cook, Mrs Brovian is still struggling with the receipe for toast ......

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
tinx said:
When I get home I cook myself and the wife dinner as she is looking after the baby.

Her looking after the baby is just as hard work as me being at work so why shouldn't I.

That opinion is definately very old fashioned

*gushing*

What a guy!

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Ok I accept this may be bad!!

But what about getting her to fetch you beer from the kitchen and make food snacks for you and your mates when football is on the box?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
The Northstander said:
Ok I accept this may be bad!!

But what about getting her to fetch you beer from the kitchen and make food snacks for you and your mates when football is on the box?

:lolol:

god the PC brigade are gonna have a FIELD day with you mate :lolol:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
My wife works but she won't let me cook!!!!:nono:

Still have to hoover the house and clean the bathroom on Sundays..... but then again I get to watch all the football I want!!!!!:clap2: and get Turkish food seven days a week!!!! I love my wife!!!!

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
That sounds a good fair deal, although I would have question cleaning the bog!

Spicy2

Aug 12, 2004
London
I think we all need to know what your wife has been doing with her day, Northstander. If she has working around the house, doing the washing and ironing, making beds, cleaning the place, get your own bloody tea. If she has been sitting on her bum watching telly all day and is tired from operating the remote, then she should cook!:wave:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
The Northstander said:

I do that!! well actually its when they are playing cards - but I can't expect him to be happy if he's hungry? and whats the big deal with cooking tea? We actually share the cooking but if he's been away or working late - whats the big deal with having his dinner ready when he gets in ?? I certainly make sure it is!!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Northstander you big wind up merchant.

Your missus runs a pub which I suspect is a lot harder work than being a manager at an energy company (and reading Nsc all day
:p )

Ned works continental shifts 4 days on and 4 days off, 7-7, so when he is at home he cooks and when I get home first then I cook.

Simple

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
For a number of reasons, I've had a year off work. When I was working, it used to really p*ss me off when I got home late from work very tired and hungry, having spent 2.5-3 hours that day driving and she'd say 'I haven't started dinner yet ... what do you want?' The usual reply was 'What the f:censored: have you been doing all day?'.

One of the main reasons for me having this time off was my wife needed to have a fairly big op so I said I'd house-husband and look after her and the kids. Piece of p*ss I said, made a list of all the things I'd get done on top of running the house ... sorted!

She went into hospital and I spent the next few months looking after the house. I've never worked so hard in all my life ... I'm not taking the p*ss ... it's seriously hard work. I got up at 6.45am and was constantly on the go until our eldest went to bed about 9.30pm.

It's been an absolute eye-opener and I have promised that when I go back to work, she will never hear me say ''What the f:censored: have you been doing all day?'.

So to all you housewives and working mothers, you have and always will have my complete respect.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The Northstander said:

I prefer the missus to be out of the house when the footy is on the box. If she is watching it (very rare), it's like her watching an episode of Morse but coming in halfway through.

'Now who's that character again? She was married to the bloke that got murdered? No, oh she's the policewoman - yes, that's right. I don't get this one at all. Ah, Morse is playing some Verdi there. I love that piece...'

'Now, who's that team playing? What's happening? Is it a good game? Oooh, did you see that? Would you like a cup of tea?And can you do the dishwasher? I did it yesterday, and you haven't done it since the day before...'

Dinner? I do it. End of. Saves arguments and botulism.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Btw Northstander

You've lived in Yorkshire too long. You are becoming like the natives.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here