Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it possible to record match commentary off the Internet

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
You need to test it with an actual Premium TV live broadcast, as the DRM software might kick in and disrupt recording or playback.

Thats a good point. I will try on a commentary of another match tonight, but as it records from the sound card I am optimistic.:thumbsup:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Oh yeah, and this all depends on SW actually WORKING, unlike the last game for me.

Now thats odd, cause since we had a bit of a shake up early in the season, and with Paul Camillins help its been excellent for a few months now?

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
What file type is the recording saved as and am I write in calculating the size at about 100Mb per hour?

My test case was on a whole CD which took about 78Mb. It was saved as an MP3 file.

My test case was on a whole CD which took about 78Mb. It was saved as an MP3 file.

Excellent - that means you can take your commentary out and about with you. I used to do this when I had SW on my PDA via T-mobile's Web'n'Walk; strolling around Mansfield with SCR commentary in my ear was a liberating experience. Sadly, now I have broadband with a proper pc, I can't get it at all and PremiumTV are not interested in why. Well it's their loss.
BTW UC, there's a piece of info missing in your reply which would answer my question........

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I can confirm that the commentary on SW can be recorded and replayed using this software

phoenix

May 18, 2009
I went out on one occasion and left my webcam running that did it fine.caught the wife shagging the neighbour as well.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Have just downloaded some free software called Freecorder. It will record and play back anything going through the soundcard. Seems to work fine so far.

I agree, it works perfectly...you just have to leave computer running...

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here