Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it possible to record match commentary off the Internet

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I have a clash of interests on Friday and will miss the chance to listen to the match commentary on Seagulls World.

Do any of you wizz kids know if there is a way to record the commentary so I can listen when I get in?

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
I'm a long long way from being an expert on this, but Google something like 'live streaming music record' and you should find some kind of programme to download onto your pc to record whatever is being played through your sound card. You would need to leave the computer on obviously, and the commentary playing, but you should be able to record it. Legal issues probably apply, but I'm sure you've thoroughly researched these already;)

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
You could always get a jack to audio plugs lead and plug it into your amplifier and use whatever recording device you have plugged into that (if you have a hi-fi), or, park your portable recording device next to your speaker and press the record button.

That's the low-tech approaches people!

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
You could always get a jack to audio plugs lead and plug it into your amplifier and use whatever recording device you have plugged into that (if you have a hi-fi), or, park your portable recording device next to your speaker and press the record button.

That's the low-tech approaches people!

Did this once with a tape recorder, but only got 45 mins of the commentary!:thud:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Have just downloaded some free software called Freecorder. It will record and play back anything going through the soundcard. Seems to work fine so far.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Are you insane? Watching Albion at the moment is bad enough, listening live is truly awful and so why on earth would you want to sit through a non live radio commentary. f*** THAT!

If I have to explain, you wouldn't understand.
:shrug::shrug:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
try attending the match.......

I'll get my coat

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Nope, I've done this quite often (allegedly). I now use Nero Soundtrax, which has the added bonus of a feature that means it won't start recording until it detects a signal and stop after 20 seconds of break in the signal, so you can start it hours ahead and it won't record until they flip the switch. Provided of course you have nothing else that will trigger it (eg email notification bells).

I used to use Goldwave which you can download free and use the trial for quite a while (forever, a little bird told me if youare prepared to use regedit).

Oh yeah, and this all depends on SW actually WORKING, unlike the last game for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here