Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it me?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Sid James said:
Sorry, not sure what you mean there ?

My impression with Arsenal last summer was that a decision was taken not to invest heavily in the squad, due to the outlay on the new ground. As long as they get into the Champions League that was fine. Hence Vieira was sold and not replaced. However I am guessing that now they know what the new income will be, the purse strings have been loosened and Walcott arrived. However the squad they have, probably has enough in it for a top 4 finish.

Sid James

Nov 14, 2005
So they made a decision not to replace one of their best players whereas we didn't because of :bla: :bla: :bla:

Anyway where do you reckon we would be this season with Mickey Small leading the line ?

And yes, that does pre-suppose we don't play him at left back.

Sid James

Nov 14, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
No the Blah blah blah bit.

Then you misunderstand me.

:bla: :bla: :bla: refers to the issue of Money, Stadium and all that financial stuff that either does or doesn't stop us going forward.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Sid James said:

:bla: :bla: :bla: refers to the issue of Money, Stadium and all that financial stuff that either does or doesn't stop us going forward.

But the difference being that Arsenal had an established team to start with.

I suspect next season they will be Chelseas main challengers, this year was just written off as a bit of a limbo year.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Sid James said:

There you go!!! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

In answer to your question I reckon we would be about where Plymouth are now as he was gteed at least 15 goals. And I dont mean this to sound racist but Leon always played better with a 'brother' as his strike partner.

CKR would now fill the hole if Leon was still on his way...!

Sid James

Nov 14, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
But the difference being that Arsenal had an established team to start with.

I suspect next season they will be Chelseas main challengers, this year was just written off as a bit of a limbo year.

Agreed. And in our case ?

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
can anyone joing this conversation?

Sid James

Nov 14, 2005
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
There you go!!! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

In answer to your question I reckon we would be about where Plymouth are now as he was gteed at least 15 goals. And I dont mean this to sound racist but Leon always played better with a 'brother' as his strike partner.

CKR would now fill the hole if Leon was still on his way...!

Which puts this season of trying to find a line leader in context doesn't it ?

Sid James

Nov 14, 2005
Can't argue with that. That's probably a reflection of the El Turi situation than it is CKR wouldn't you say. El Turi does look a bad deal at the moment.

Sid James

Nov 14, 2005
Whilst the squad has deficiencies in other places I do think this season has hinged on that centre forward position.

Oversimplification probably but VERY significant.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Sid James said:
Whilst the squad has deficiencies in other places I do think this season has hinged on that centre forward position.

Oversimplification probably but VERY significant.

Indeed in years to come it will probably be remembered as the season where we will say "If only we had a striker..."

sneakychef

Oct 28, 2004
Stroud Green
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
I remember my history teacher saying that Hitler didnt learn from history when he invaded Russia just before their winter was due, a mistake Napoleon made about 100 years before.

So are you saying we should invade Russia now the winter is starting to slack off?

Because if that's the case I reckon we could do with a few more tanks instead of a striker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here