NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Or is this board going through one of it's boring patches again?:yawn:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
yup

trouble is, you cant express an opinion as the uber fans jump all over you so you end up talking about anything but football.

Sid James

Nov 14, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
Really?

So comments like I knew this thread would descend into this etc etc.

I was merely trying to redress the balance. Both camps are equally guilty.

Did a nice trip down memory lane have to turn into another swipe then ?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I am Earth's most boring individual. Each night i count things. Heartbeats, musical arrangements, honourary degrees held by Bangladeshis, criminal events on TV channels, sexual errors, men my girlfriend may kiss if she meets them or becomes actually real, bees that hive in a bag near my window, challenges i would meet and fail, prizes i'd collect at children's Sports Days when i dress as a 9 year-old and bring a model of my mother who wears pride on her face. I'm very pale and wrongly shaped. I like drinking in the past.

Last Tuesday, i summed 73 honourary Bangladeshis all of which my love would neck.

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
You cant help but make comparisons between the last time we had a succesful season in this division and now.

Also the season after we went straight down after selling Byrne and Small. Hmm not replacing your two best players - how familiar.

We went down in 1991 - 1992 with this record:

23 Brighton & Hove Albion P 46 W12 D11 L23 F56 A77 PTS47

We did manage, I recall, to win 6 home games that year. How many have we won at home so far?

I remember my history teacher saying that Hitler didnt learn from history when he invaded Russia just before their winter was due, a mistake Napoleon made about 100 years before.

Last edited:

Sid James

Nov 14, 2005
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
You cant help but make comparisons between the last time we had a succesful season in this division and now.

Also the season after we went straight down after selling Byrne and Small. Hmm not replacing your two best players - how familiar.

We went down in 1991 - 1992 with this record:

23 Brighton & Hove Albion P 46 W12 D11 L23 F56 A77 PTS47

We did manage, I recall, to win 6 home games that year. How many have we won at home so far?

I remember my history teacher saying that Hitler didnt learn from history when he invaded Russia just before their winter was due, a mistake Napoleon made about 100 years before.

Agreed. I said on that thread how great it would be to have Mike Small in this team, but not replacing your best players isn't exclusively our domain is it. See Keane & Vieira.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Sid James said:
Agreed. I said on that thread how great it would be to have Mike Small in this team, but not replacing your best players isn't exclusively our domain is it. See Keane & Vieira.

Regarding Arsenal, I do think they are an odd one. You get the impression that this season the plan was to get into Europe, whilst getting the odd high earner out of the club. Then once they are in the new ground, invest into the playing side. Also was Vieira not out of contract in the summer? So it was a case of take what they could for him.

Regarding Man U, it looks like a case of a manager who has been there too long and Chelseas sudden dominance has caught them out somewhat.

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Sid James said:

Yes yes OK, but last time I looked Arsenal are the only "English" side left in the Champs League. And they are a point off Spurs for a Champ League place.

Not bad considering...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Sid James said:
Now that would be nice.

I know :bla: :bla: :bla:

:lolol: :lolol:

You missed facilities, wages, stadium before the :bla: :bla: :bla: but your getting there!!!!! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Last edited:

Sid James

Nov 14, 2005
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Yes yes OK, but last time I looked Arsenal are the only "English" side left in the Champs League. And they are a point off Spurs for a Champ League place.

Not bad considering...

It's still not meeting pre-season expectations in the league, but then the season isn't finished yet......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here