Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it me or ..

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Oh do f*** off, the Vuvuzela is their tradition, how would you like it if they stopped the English in their tradition of LUZZING CHAIRS IN EUROPE?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Oh do f*** off, the Vuvuzela is their tradition, how would you like it if they stopped the English in their tradition of LUZZING CHAIRS IN EUROPE?

IT IS Their tradition, therefore they should do it at ONLY their games, NOT the other GAMES. OK? :US:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
IT IS Their tradition, therefore they should do it at ONLY their games, NOT the other GAMES. OK? :US:

No, not really, many South Africans are attending these other games in THEIR country, they are entitled to do what the f*** they like, they aren;t going to stop doing it just because some little twerp is upset.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Shocking news... World Cup held in South Africa... South African traditions upheld. :ohmy:

You'd better get used to it you miserable old sods, it's not going anywhere. I'm looking forward to the English band fighting back, that's what it's all about. Different countries, different traditions and different methods of supporting their teams. It's just another aspect of a World Cup, each one is different.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
I'm English, but I do find the "England Band" repeating Great Escape and Self Preservation Society over and over again effing irritating. Trying to create a Brazil/Latin type support and failing miserably.

The vuvuzela's aren't too annoying. Bet they're bloody standing up though!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Shocking news... World Cup held in South Africa... South African traditions upheld. :ohmy:

You'd better get used to it you miserable old sods, it's not going anywhere. I'm looking forward to the English band fighting back, that's what it's all about. Different countries, different traditions and different methods of supporting their teams. It's just another aspect of a World Cup, each one is different.

Yes, I am miserable, as a result of not being able to concentrate on the game or hear the commentators or the crowd, as a result of what sounds like an enormous beehive.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Yes, I am miserable, as a result of not being able to concentrate on the game or hear the commentators or the crowd, as a result of what sounds like an enormous beehive.

Well you clearly don't have much of a concentration span then...

I've managed to follow the two games no trouble at all...

The noise these things generate is hardly any different to the noise that came across on your tv for England away games in places like Istanbul and Tel-Aviv in 80s!

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
They don't seem to bother me at all maybe you shoulnt watch the world cup if your bothered because you knew the south Africans were going
to have them this tournement.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
So you don't find that tinpot band annoying then?

No, but then I'm at a 20% level of natural hearing and struggle with various frequencies. My sophisticated hearing aids do not pick up the full sound of various things, so I don't have a problem with Vuvuzela's or the bands through the telebox. One small benefit of being ear mental. :clap2:

Live would be a different kettle of fish, probably!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Flags are recognisable for their differences.

I've seen those south african plastic horns on tv, They look just like the plastic horns you can buy here at the local toy store or show/fair.

They were first used as a tin version, but mass production moved to plastic. You can buy plastic didgeridoos.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
A shit game like this it prob helps hearing them otherwise it would be quiet at times

Will we hear any singing ever ?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
No, but then I'm at a 20% level of natural hearing and struggle with various frequencies. My sophisticated hearing aids do not pick up the full sound of various things, so I don't have a problem with Vuvuzela's or the bands through the telebox. One small benefit of being ear mental. :clap2:

Fair enough.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here