Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it just me ?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Or is this country going mad.

From this weeks papers.

1. Man fined by local council for putting 2 items of junk mail into a public litter bin, because it's not designated for household refuse.

2. Teeneager given £80 on the spot fine for swearing. His mates asked him what he'd been up to and he replied "f*** all really". Policewoman nearby issued the fine.

3. 9 year old girl cut her finger at school and staff could not put a plaster on it as "we don't keep plasters for health and safety reasons" The childs mother actually had to go to the school to "administer the plaster"

4. Police asking shop owner to remove "offensive" kiddies t-shirts from prominant display in Ju Ju's.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
pasty said:

From this weeks papers.

3. 9 year old girl cut her finger at school and staff could not put a plaster on it as "we don't keep plasters for health and safety reasons" The childs mother actually had to go to the school to "administer the plaster"

That happens in all schools now I think. The staff wont put a plaster near a kid in case of any allergic reactions and they are not allowed to physically touch them anymore.

Last edited:

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Re: Re: Is it just me ?

Race said:
That happens in all schools now I think. The staff wont put a plaster near a kid in case of any allergic reactions and they are not allowed to physically touch them anymore.

If that is the case then we have totally lost the plot. What if a child breaks a bone? Do you just leave them?

What a crazy world Great Britain is.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Re: Re: Re: Is it just me ?

Gaffer said:

Technically, a crazy country...

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire

Gaffer said:
If that is the case then we have totally lost the plot. What if a child breaks a bone? Do you just leave them?

I was called up to the school once cos our nipper had fallen over and hurt her arm, although they were certain she hadn't broken anything they wernt allowed to examine her properly so it was up to me to come in and take a look and pull her arm about to make sure it was OK and decide whether she needed treatment or not! Luckily she was fine and no damage done.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
pasty said:

From this weeks papers.

1. Man fined by local council for putting 2 items of junk mail into a public litter bin, because it's not designated for household refuse.

I think they are arguing that he put 2 bags of household rubbish in a street bin. They knew it was his because they found his junk mail in the bags.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004

Gaffer said:

If a child breaks their leg at school and a member of staff then gives the hospital permission to treat them and something goes wrong during this treatment, the parents can (and in the past have) sued the school/teacher. That's why schools can't do anything like that anymore. Blame the parents!

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Also, checking a child's hair for nits now comes under the charge of assault.

I'd never become a school teacher, purely because the chances of doing something that is perceived as wrong appear to now be so high!

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
the full harris said:
Also, checking a child's hair for nits now comes under the charge of assault.

I'd never become a school teacher, purely because the chances of doing something that is perceived as wrong appear to now be so high!

They're also not allowed to give or administer sun cream in the summer. They just have to let them burn.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Rangdo said:
They're also not allowed to give or administer sun cream in the summer. They just have to let them burn.

The kids are allowed to bring in their own sun cream and put it on themselves though!

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
It is daft ....

My mate is a PE teacher at the local secondry school - his fear is someone being winded (say playing rugger or footie) and he then needs to admininster mouth to mouth - he says "I'm supposed to let them die?"

Last edited:

Mar 24, 2005
Re: Re: Is it just me ?

Rangdo said:
I think they are arguing that he put 2 bags of household rubbish in a street bin. They knew it was his because they found his junk mail in the bags.

he threw 2 junk mail letters in a bin outside his house after taking them off the postman. The letters never even entered his house!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here