Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it just me?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
..Or is the defence really, really, really SHIT?

I thought it was supposed to be our strongest department? Yet we've been leaking goals all pre-season!

Lynch/Hawkins/Virgo - NOT good enough.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
..Or is the defence really, really, really SHIT?

I thought it was supposed to be our strongest department? Yet we've been leaking goals all pre-season!

Lynch/Hawkins/Virgo - NOT good enough.[/QUOTE

Come on WW...lets wait until the REAL action starts at Crewe before posting stuff like this...

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I think an appalling midfield combination of Livermore and Thomson is at fault for exposing our defence. It was nicely shored up by the arrival of El-Abd in the second half.

So, in answer to your thread title, yes.

Are you suggesting we bring in FRASER? :D

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
tonight in the first half it was a case of thank god for kuipers

in the second half we got RAPED for pace - although it was probably more to do with the fact that ipswich had the quickest player EVER

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Our defence and keeper are as solid as you will find in this division.

Our midfield is not quite so strong and often leaves the defence far to exposed.

If you look at every great defence they had a couple of superb shielding players in the midfield ahead of them.

greengoeskiwi

May 7, 2008
i thought lynch and el-abd made some quality tackles. thought it was more the problem of ipswich attacking in numbers (something we never do.) oh and also the pace was unreal

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think an appalling midfield combination of Livermore and Thomson is at fault for exposing our defence. It was nicely shored up by the arrival of El-Abd in the second half.

So, in answer to your thread title, yes.

Did you go to the game, to come up with such an observation I would suggest that you didnt or if you did you didnt watch the game in the first half.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Did you go to the game, to come up with such an observation I would suggest that you didnt or if you did you didnt watch the game in the first half.

the first half in which ipswich would have been leading by four or five goals if it wasnt for kuipers you mean?

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands

Agree completely although would also prefer Hawkins to Lynch.
Have not yet seen Virgo in Pre-season so cannot comment on him.
We also did not at any stage have both first choice full backs playing together last night. Will make a difference when we do against Crewe (who also will not be half as good as Ipswich were)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here