Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it just me or are the trains even more crap than ever?

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Calling all commuters, there seems to be a direct corrolation between over running engineering works and signal failure. Simple, don't bother with the engineering work!

Some lad kicks his football over the fence and it lands on the line and all the trains are delayed due to trespassing on the line.

A learner scooter rider slips in the rain and comes off sliding into a railway bridge and all the trains are delayed while they check for structural damage.

Any weather other than no weather is known as adverse weather conditions and another excuse for delays.

As for trains running with reduced carriages, what happened to the other ones, did they lose them ?

And we haven't even had any snow yet.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Does seem to be increasingly common that there are delays - sometimes it helps me though, as I get the earlier, faster train that has been delayed until just after I get to the station.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Calling all commuters, there seems to be a direct corrolation between over running engineering works and signal failure. Simple, don't bother with the engineering work!

Some lad kicks his football over the fence and it lands on the line and all the trains are delayed due to trespassing on the line.

A learner scooter rider slips in the rain and comes off sliding into a railway bridge and all the trains are delayed while they check for structural damage.

Any weather other than no weather is known as adverse weather conditions and another excuse for delays.

As for trains running with reduced carriages, what happened to the other ones, did they lose them ?

And we haven't even had any snow yet.

Plus many, if not most, trains to Lewes/Eastbourne and to Worthing/Portsmouth run without any toilets on them.

Southern's rationale? 90% of people (on the Brighton - Portsmouth 'service') don't use the train for the entire length of its journey.

VeronaSeagull

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
It does annoy me about the shortened trains when the announcement "due to lack of avaialble carriages" comes over.....where did they go?

Trains are getting worse all the time

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Plus many, if not most, trains to Lewes/Eastbourne and to Worthing/Portsmouth run without any toilets on them.

Southern's rationale? 90% of people (on the Brighton - Portsmouth 'service') don't use the train for the entire length of its journey.

I commute every day to Uni from Brighton to Portsmouth and I don't even bother with the hourly cattle cage service. Jump on the faster Southampton service, change at Cosham.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here