Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it just me (it probably is)

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
But is all this happening a little too quickly? First the Amex, then CMS and then f'ing VICENTE RODRIGUEZ, now Razik and Gui ASSULIN! I honestly couldn't believe it when we signed Assulin, I knew of him from his Barca days and him being dubbed the mightily annoying 'new' Lionel Messi, I am almost finding it hard to keep up! Don't get me wrong, we deserve this we really do, but, and i'll admit it, i'm not quite sure I want us to go up yet. Poyet obviously has massive influence when it comes to signing what can only be described as world class players and i do fear that if/when he goes it might all go a little, i dunno, flat? I know I know, enjoy the ride etc but I honestly feel it's all moving a little to fast, am I mental?

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
But is all this happening a little too quickly? First the Amex, then CMS and then f'ing VICENTE RODRIGUEZ, now Razik and Gui ASSULIN! I honestly couldn't believe it when we signed Assulin, I knew of him from his Barca days and him being dubbed the mightily annoying 'new' Lionel Messi, I am almost finding it hard to keep up! Don't get me wrong, we deserve this we really do, but, and i'll admit it, i'm not quite sure I want us to go up yet. Poyet obviously has massive influence when it comes to signing what can only be described as world class players and i do fear that if/when he goes it might all go a little, i dunno, flat? I know I know, enjoy the ride etc but I honestly feel it's all moving a little to fast, am I mental?

Hold tight, hold tight, scream if you wanna go faster.

I want up, it's been too long since we've played the big clubs week in week out. I was 14 when we were last in the top flight, I'm f@[MENTION=23572]king[/MENTION] 43 now :)

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Just think back to the Priestfield days bud....and ENJOY it! :thumbsup:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Totally agree with you. Reckon we've got Gus for 18 months at least though, and I honestly believe that when he goes, most of the managers outside the top 10 clubs will be seriously considering putting in an application.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Going up would be just fantastic, Norwich and Swansea have both shown that it doesn't have to be a backs to walls series of thrashings and I think Gus is just as good a manager as either of theirs. We could have the extra 8,000 seats, so increased revenue and an even more intimidating stadium. The prospect is so damned exciting that I think I need a lie down now...

You don't decide when you're going up either, you need to grasp any opportunity. "It's too early" suggests we can decide when it would be a good time...doesn't happen like that imo.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
It's just mind boggling that players from the Premiership and top leagues overseas are prepared to pitch up at the Amex! It just shows how vital promotion was last season. :)

As said enjoy the ride, it's going to get even wilder :mad::mad:, irrespective of whether we go up this year or next!

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
only my opinion but Gus picks the team from week to week. If we win we win and if we lose we lose. However if we keep winning and find ourself in either the playoffs or automatic promotion surely we have got to go for it.

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
I remember a few months ago there was a similar thread about being ready for promotion and a Burnley fan posted saying that if his team had waited until they were "ready", they would never of been promoted to the premiership, yes they came straight back down but they had a great time while it lasted.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
I remember a few months ago there was a similar thread about being ready for promotion and a Burnley fan posted saying that if his team had waited until they were "ready", they would never of been promoted to the premiership, yes they came straight back down but they had a great time while it lasted.

That's just it, it's like pulling a cracking bird, punching well above your weight, just enjoy it whilst it lasts :)

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I know where you're coming from, but don't think of it as just the last 2 years think of it more as a journey of 15 years makes it easier to comprehend, and then tighten your seat belt and enjoy the ride.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Anybody who says they would rather see Burnley, Barnsley and Bristol City at the Amex next season instead of Man City, Man Utd and Chelsea is just being silly.

Extra 40 million plus and then three years of parachute payments if we don't stay there, of course its worth it

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
and if the pessimists are wrong and we dont stay too long at the top level,f*** it,more fun in being a yo-yo side winning trophys and getting relegated than being a fan of teams like Everton,never gonna win the league but never bad enough to get relegated.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Quickly? It's taken us 15 years to get to this point, I'm happy to enjoy the ride.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Good post. I does seem like a Poker game. I am a Chess player. The hard thing is not getting to the Premier but staying there. Harder still is winning the FA Cup. To win the FA Cup we have to go to Liverpool and win, and then we might play Watford on an up AAArgh!. That's just how hard it is. Winning the FA Cup is really something.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
There's something to be said for momentum, new ground, team on the up, lots of new (or returning) fans - strike while the iron is hot :moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here