Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Ipswich a MUST win game?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
i would disagree with that ,whilst we appear to be safe the recent loan signings show a massive intent ,there is no such thing as a no loose situation ,pretty sure mr . bloom wants a fair old lump back, sooner the better .........i think we are going all out for promotion this year which is ,quite frankly , a surprise ........our current squad is quite well below current prem standard.

Not sure we aren't saying the same thing. No doubt at all in my mind he/they are going for play offs. But ... we are outsiders and if we fail there's no egg on their face whatsoever, "this is our first season, we've over acheived etc" ... that'll be the public face .. of course privately I think they'll be different conversations

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Yes in order to SMASH thru the plus 50pt mark and therefore be 100% sure of being SAFE for this season.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
No. In fact I would say there are no "Must-Win" games left at all this season. We have achieved our primary objective of safety, we are now in position to try and push on as best we can and see where we end up. We do not NEED to get promoted or even NEED to get into the playoffs. We can hope for both, but we should also appreciate that we have taken a huge step forward this season and not be too dismissive of that achievement.

We are now in position where we can challenge for promotion and I hope we give it a good go, but this season has been a success already, missing out on promotion is not a failure.

Well said that man. :clap2:

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Yes in order to SMASH thru the plus 50pt mark and therefore be 100% sure of being SAFE for this season.
We are as safe as houses, put your house on it!

No more looking over our shoulders this season, come on let's be positive here a few good wins and we are on the road to the Play Off's. All this stuff about there are NO must win games is rubbish (Yes I was at Hereford), sorry but the lads are professional and the desire now must be to relax as we are safe and press on make the most of the quality loan signings and win, win, win. Also some of the players will have contracts to play for and a great need to impress Gus between now and the end of the season.

One / two teams above the Albion will have a wobble and we must make sure that we take the opportunity.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
No. In fact I would say there are no "Must-Win" games left at all this season. We have achieved our primary objective of safety, we are now in position to try and push on as best we can and see where we end up. We do not NEED to get promoted or even NEED to get into the playoffs. We can hope for both, but we should also appreciate that we have taken a huge step forward this season and not be too dismissive of that achievement.

We are now in position where we can challenge for promotion and I hope we give it a good go, but this season has been a success already, missing out on promotion is not a failure.

Pretty much how I feel about the situation.

I'd love us to reach the playoffs but I'd be just as happy if we finished the season with a decent top-half spot. It's been a great season for us.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
We have got to beat Cardiff, Birmingham, Reading and Middlesbrough at home. All of them just to make the play-offs. Then we have got to beat one of them over two legs and one of them in the final.

Brighton and Hove Albion 2011-2012 Home - statto.com

In other words we will be playing Wolves in the Championship next season! Most likely.

So our main aim might be to keep our best players happy, keep the fans happy (no home defeats), and to look more than an outside bet for next season.

At the beginning of the season I said 70 points and 7th place.

The Championship seems to be characterised by the Premier clubs pinching the best players during the close season. And the richer clubs buying the Premiership high earning cast offs (older players).

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here