Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is "insider" a suitable person to run the ask the club forum?

Is "insider" a suitable person to run the ask the club forum?

• Yes

Votes: 52 91.2%
  • No

Votes: 5 8.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
the wanderbus said:

if you cant be bothered to get off your arse & either apply for a ticket or get one by phone when they go on general sale why should ther be a sticky to shake you out of your lethargy? And why should the insider be bothered to give you the answer you were obviously looking for. Twat

I would have thought it would be more effective to diceminate info through NSC then cut down the number of calls if there are no tickets.

if you cant be bothered to get off your arse & either apply for a ticket or get one by phone when they go on general sale why should ther be a sticky to shake you out of your lethargy?

Because it may help dumbass, thats why I suggested it. We cant all pop down to the ticket office the day they are on sale or automatically know when they go on sale or how many have been sold.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Rangdo said:
Theres nothing wrong with that reply. Techy fellow aren't you?

Really?

With all due respect, we have limited enough resources as it is, without having to update a thread on NSC every time we sell a ticket for a home game!

I would say it was pretty obtuse at least, either that or he failed to understand my question.

tadley gull, you are probably right there.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
looney said:
I would have thought it would be more effective to diceminate info through NSC then cut down the number of calls if there are no tickets.

Because it may help dumbass, thats why I suggested it. We cant all pop down to the ticket office the day they are on sale or automatically know when they go on sale or how many have been sold.

Firstly you can check the website. If it is sold out it will say so. They also advertise well in advance when they are going to go on sale.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think looney has a point (even if he is a complete plum for starting a thread like this) in that the official site is often hopelessly outdated - infact personally I don't go there very often anymore. Could they not give us a number of available tickets at the end of the working day for games that haven't completely sold out? ???

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country

Highfields Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Bullock Smithy
I agree with Insider.

If I want to buy a ticket all I need to know is whether there are any left or not. It's immaterial to me whether there are 10 left, or 1,000 left.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Simster said:
I think looney has a point (even if he is a complete plum for starting a thread like this) in that the official site is often hopelessly outdated - infact personally I don't go there very often anymore. Could they not give us a number of available tickets at the end of the working day for games that haven't completely sold out? ???

Thats what I was trying to say. Seeing your in a reputable Clique there will now be magnanimous agreement with you.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
"We cant all pop down to the ticket office the day they are on sale or automatically know when they go on sale or how many have been sold."

Perhaps,it may just be possible, to phone the ticket office& ask if theres any left !
you lazy shit

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Highfields Seagull said:
I agree with Insider.

If I want to buy a ticket all I need to know is whether there are any left or not. It's immaterial to me whether there are 10 left, or 1,000 left.

And all you haver tyo do is check NSC rather than hassle the club, simple isn't it. If there are 10 you had better hurry and 1000 you could take your time.

Glad you agree with me.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
the wanderbus said:
"We cant all pop down to the ticket office the day they are on sale or automatically know when they go on sale or how many have been sold."

Perhaps,it may just be possible, to phone the ticket office& ask if theres any left !
you lazy shit

Prehaps it would be less hassle for the club if people checked nsc first rather than feilding sold out calls all day. Media savvy this club is not, neither are you.If you have access to a meduim for free for f*** sake use it.

I think weve already established that you and others are the lazy ones.

looney said:
Thats what I was trying to say. Seeing your in a reputable Clique there will now be magnanimous agreement with you.

I have to say I agree with Simster but not Looney.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
looney said:
Prehaps it would be less hassle for the club if people checked nsc first rather than feilding sold out calls all day. Media savvy this club is not, neither are you.If you have access to a meduim for free for f*** sake use it.

I think weve already established that you and others are the lazy ones.

The point Insider was making was not that it was not a good idea, but that the club do not have the resources to do it.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Wardywonderland said:
The point Insider was making was not that it was not a good idea, but that the club do not have the resources to do it.

The point is the manner in which he put it.

I would never agree with London Irish.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Hannibal smith said:
And I agree with London Irish but not Simster or Looney.
I agree with Hannibal Smith, London Irish and Looney.

But not Simster. Or Looney actually. :dunce:

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
"I think weve already established that you and others are the lazy ones."

point taken about feilding unessesary calls, but what makes you think that asticky on nsc will be updated any quicker than the club site? also by your own admission you"cant be bothered " with home games because of "this uncertainty" which is avery lazyattitude, if you take a chance on a phone call you might get lucky & find there are tickets available, you can get them as late as saturday morning

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
the wanderbus said:
"I think weve already established that you and others are the lazy ones."

also by your own admission you"cant be bothered " with home games because of "this uncertainty" which is avery lazyattitude, if you take a chance on a phone call you might get lucky & find there are tickets available, you can get them as late as saturday morning

Yes and I could also look oon here saving the club hassle if they havn't got any tickets left and I ring them.

point taken about feilding unessesary calls, but what makes you think that asticky on nsc will be updated any quicker than the club site?

As regularly as answering questions in the ask the club thread?

Whats your next question?

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
the problem is how long would the information be accurate?100 tickets at 5pm thursday could easily become none by 9.30 am friday. as in your plan the sticky will be updated daily[presumably at the end of the day],lead to ,surprise, surprise, the ticket office having to field calls from fans who saw that 100 tickets are available on north stand chat.
in theory your idea is a good one but i dont think it could be made to work.

& i know your now going to proove me wrong

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Didn't the club used to sell tickets on line and if so why don't they still do it?

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
It's been a while, we've had Richie Doris, Kev the Rape and many more but the QUEEN OF ALL ATTENTION SEEKERS IS BACK....

hello Looney:wave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here