Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Holroyd sh*t? Another Davies/Dickinson?

Nappy thrower

Banned
Dec 17, 2009
Floor above Bushy
This guy is suppose to be a "one for the future" yet Austin from Swindon came from a lower standard of football and is banging them in.
Holroyd doesn't even look like scoring abit like Revell((full of running)
I don't hold much hope for this signing by Gus.
He should never be ahead of Forster and everyone knows that except Poyet.

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
f*** off.

Nappy thrower

Banned
Dec 17, 2009
Floor above Bushy
A sign of a good player takes his chances when they come along.That includes coming off the bench.I see nothing in him to convince me he will make it.Non league player i'm affraid.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
If your not scoring, your at least creating stuff, he does look out of his depth, and its a shame, but, maybe its league 2 or conference, no magical movie stuff here

should have gone for Ademeno from Crawley, banging em in for fun....

but its not as if Holroyd hasnt had time, he has started, and done nothing

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
would that be "another dickinson" in the same man who scored a BELTER at watford today?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
wouldnt go as far to say he is shit but I think Poyet should shield him a little and only bring him on when we are not chasing a game and alow him to grow into the team. I certainly wouldnt have brought him on today before Forster.

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
Just because he hasn't scored doesn't mean he's done nothing. He was MOM against huddersfield in one of his two starts. Other than that he's had 15 mins here, 20 mins there. Its not like he's even missed any good chances, he's had sod all service when he has been on the pitch. Murray can collect the high balls, but we seem unable to play to Hoyroyd's strengths, which are all about his pace and playing off the last man.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Unfortunately Gus will provoke this reaction from the fans by bringing him on in preference to a proven goalscorer at this and a higher level. Probably through stubborness to prove a point. It is all very well Gus saying he is one for the future but it is the present at home that we need to put right.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
To be honest I agree, he simply hasn't looked like scoring and its not as if he hasn't had the chance, I would SERIOUSLY rather have Craig Davies here missing sitter after sitter than Holroyd who runs around lots but actually hasn't produced squat in front of goal, sorry but its true. There is loads of great talent below the football league, Austin and Beckford two great examples, unfortunately we seem to have missed once again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here