Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is He The Unluckiest Man in Sport EVER?

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Been denied AGAIN

Cork misses out on Lancs contract

Cork does not figure in Lancashire's plans for next season
Lancashire have decided not to offer former England international Dominic Cork a new deal for the 2009 season.

The veteran all-rounder, 37, has been with the county since 2003 following his move from Derbyshire.

Lancashire have made the decision after taking the long-term view to give younger players the opportunity to grow into the team.

Meanwhile the club will not be renewing the contract of leg-spinner Simon Marshall, 26, for the coming season.

606: DEBATE
Should another county sign up Cork?

Cork moved to Old Trafford in after 14 seasons at Derbyshire, where he was captain for six years.

He was released from his contract by Derbyshire by mutual consent, even though it had two years still to run.

Cork also enjoyed a successful England career, playing in 37 Test matches and taking best figures of 7-43 against West Indies at Lord's in 1995. He also took a famous hat-trick in the same series at Old Trafford.

His career-best figures of 9-43 for Derbyshire against Northants came earlier the same summer.

Lancashire have said they will back Cork however they can in order to help him extend his career.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Word on the inside is that he is "Difficult" when comes to being a team player..... He is getting a bit past it too

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
I thought this thread might be about me. All the things Ive acheived in sport and never had a sniff of an OBE or MBE, or an appearence on Question of Sport or Superstarrrs.

Crezhell

Aug 11, 2008
duno about the unluckiest, but the luckiest sportsman has to be Ben Collett of Man Utd who broke his leg in a reserve game against Middlesbrough five years ago, at the age of 18...

he was given 4.5million.....for doing NOTHING. treatday.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Buck,i to was there. Only had a few overs to bowl. However he went for it. What gets me Corkie plays for England,yet Lewry never gets a sniff.:censored:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here