Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Harty the new Paul Burrell?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
At the top of his show tonight he asked if the anti-Adams brigade are targetting the right person.

He said to a mate of mine in a Worthing pub that the fans dont know what is going on behind the scenes.

Why doesnt he tell us what he knows? He hosts a BBC sports programme.....so Harty give us some real information/news instead of the usual caller tosh. Why dont you tell us? What is holding you back? After all you also said you are not in the pay of the club.....

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He is, however, in the pay of and contracted to the BBC and is subject to any conditions that they may or may not impose on him.

I do not know, but would think that he is suggesting that the board are making noises about putting in bids for players. like McNulty, that we had very little chance of signing.

We have got to go after players that we realistically are able to sign.

D

Deleted member 2719

I wonder if he is talking of the rumour of a new chairman coming in.
The key word being rumour i only hope it is true thou.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I can't see what could be going on in the background that is any worse that Wilkins having his team torn apart in December, yet he still managed to get us to 7th - and that was with Dean White as his assistant, who, if some are to be believed, is of no help to the manager.

Sorry Harty, you can't offer us a smokescreen of "well, if you knew all these things that I can't tell you, then you'd agree with me." The new Paul Burrell? That sounds more like Tony Blair when he tried to conince us that there were WMDs prior to going to war.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I can't see what could be going on in the background that is any worse that Wilkins having his team torn apart in December, yet he still managed to get us to 7th - and that was with Dean White as his assistant, who, if some are to be believed, is of no help to the manager.

Sorry Harty, you can't offer us a smokescreen of "well, if you knew all these things that I can't tell you, then you'd agree with me." The new Paul Burrell? That sounds more like Tony Blair when he tried to conince us that there were WMDs prior to going to war.
Blair-WMD-Harty like it :lol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He is, however, in the pay of and contracted to the BBC and is subject to any conditions that they may or may not impose on him.

I do not know, but would think that he is suggesting that the board are making noises about putting in bids for players. like McNulty, that we had very little chance of signing.

We have got to go after players that we realistically are able to sign.

If the BBC do gag him, which given he presents a sports program I doubt in this case, he was off-duty when he was down the pub with my mate.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If the BBC do gag him, which given he presents a sports program I doubt in this case, he was off-duty when he was down the pub with my mate.

So in that case he was talking as Ian Hart a supporter rather than Ian Hart of the BBC. What he thinks privately may be different to what he is told by his bosses. I didnt always agree with what my boss said and I doubt if most on here do either.

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
So in that case he was talking as Ian Hart a supporter rather than Ian Hart of the BBC. What he thinks privately may be different to what he is told by his bosses. I didnt always agree with what my boss said and I doubt if most on here do either.

i make it a binding principle in my working life NEVER to believe a word my bosses speak.
i rarely have reason to doubt that principle.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

We're straying from the point. Why doesnt Harty just tell people what the story is? It is pretty cheap to say 'If you knew what I know' all the time. Burrell is making a career out of it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Perhaps it is an opinion with sound backing but not a proven fact so he is not permitted to express the view on the BBC for legal reasons.

...most of the news is not proven. Just say allegedly.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He said to a mate of mine in a Worthing pub that the fans dont know what is going on behind the scenes.

That could be true but it doesnt mean that he does know what is actually happening.

Many have said that about White and Booker, we dont know what they actually do and contribute to the team and can only summise, hence many say White and Booker out.

D

Deleted member 2719

where did you hear that Mr Boots?
I recently bump into another Albion fan who mentioned it to me- I didn't know him or where he got this info from, so can only hope he is right,he didn't seem like a blagger if that's any help.

I am not going put my mortgage on it-But wishful thinking never hurt anybody!

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Das Reich apologies for my Corona induced retort, but I assure you I have not sold my soul or become a glove puppet.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Das Reich apologies for my Corona induced retort, but I assure you I have not sold my soul or become a glove puppet.

Ian Hart leaving the SCR studios yesterday.

Attachments

• RDYN7RCA9TQT2HCAG2390ECAEXJZ2ACAZM0ZTZCAHUW52PCARYDM0PCAVM84OFCASZJ6HKCA29HM3TCAVYKEWWCAXQZJDFCA.jpg
    RDYN7RCA9TQT2HCAG2390ECAEXJZ2ACAZM0ZTZCAHUW52PCARYDM0PCAVM84OFCASZJ6HKCA29HM3TCAVYKEWWCAXQZJDFCA.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 205

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here