Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

is gus still god?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Yes he is! there are only a few managers in the world who I would prefer to have as Brighton Manager and that list includes SAF and Jose.

He is doing something exceptional which will last a long time, I can see us as an established premiership team in 10 years time. I don't agree with all of his signings nor do I like the line up he chooses for a lot of games as I think some of our players are very poor and better ones aren't playing as much as I'd like. but he is as god like now as he has ever been in my eyes

albion68

Oct 27, 2011
If gus thinks Paynter, Harley, are good players and Vicente was worth the risk ,but does not rate Buckley its a bit of a worry .

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Yes he is.

Why do people keep blaming Gus for Murray leaving? the man asked for a salary outside the clubs wage structure simple as. Never wanted to play for BHA in my opinion how many transfer requests did he put in whilst here? Never showed any appreciation to the fans remember Brentford away couple of seasons ago! Moody northern twat move on evrybody, why hasnt he been replaced? because we cant afford anyone after spunking 2.5 mill on cms!
:facepalm:
i blame the guy selling burgers outside falmer station!:moo:

Well the managers I really,really like we can`t afford.So we`ll `ave to make do with this monkey.........only joking,still behind him but worried his stubborness could lead to his downfall like it did for Mrs T.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
There is no other god.

libra-gully

Jan 26, 2011
What a difference a positive team selection can make?

Clearly Gus was just stringing us along by getting Billy on loan, and selecting some players who did not seem up to this level.

The Vicente issue is more confusing though. For weeks I have been looking forward to his majestic play, only for the club to say he was 'injured'. Out of the blue, he is suddenly on the sub's bench, and actually looking like he wanted to come on! I must confess his appearance on the big screen announcing the team, cheered me up from the start.

Long may it continue. Of course Gus is still God ....until we lose again!

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
A manager in his first ever mangers job, an assistant in his first ever assistant job, with a chairman in his first ever chairman job, all in charge of a squad which is full of players who have never played at this level.

I think we're doing ok, obviously we could have done better, but we are still finding our feet and are 11 points clear of the relegation zone

Saved me some typing.

Brimmermusic

Aug 9, 2011
Eastbourne
What a difference a positive team selection can make?

Clearly Gus was just stringing us along by getting Billy on loan, and selecting some players who did not seem up to this level.

The Vicente issue is more confusing though. For weeks I have been looking forward to his majestic play, only for the club to say he was 'injured'. Out of the blue, he is suddenly on the sub's bench, and actually looking like he wanted to come on! I must confess his appearance on the big screen announcing the team, cheered me up from the start.

Long may it continue. Of course Gus is still God ....until we lose again!

I sit in row A WSL right in front of where the subs warm up. Vicnete did not look interested one bit when warming up. He was the only outfield player not to warm up in the first half. He had a face like a smacked arse. However I did notice a subtle celebration for one of our goals.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Gus isn't God and never was.
A mere mortal with all the strengths and failings that go with it.Sometimes he will succeed and sometimes he will not..............bit like our season so far!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here