Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

is gus still god?

HOW DO YOU VIEW MR POYET AT THIS STAGE?
Still think he is an ok manager a bit worried with comments on liverpool issues,he has also had a few qiud to throw around with average results.
Not sure the murray thing was his smartest move,you need also to be a lucky manager so injuries could drag him down.
Overall the boys doing ok but needs to be better.easily distracted 6/10:moo:

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
i love brighton but i am very worried that gus is too stubborn for his own good!!!! almost like he refuses to change the style of football because he thinks it works........1 goal in 6 matches ?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I certainly encourage him to krakon with being in charge and no quizzical foul-mouthers will thor my still-frozen affections for that loki devil.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
i love brighton but i am very worried that gus is too stubborn for his own good!!!! almost like he refuses to change the style of football because he thinks it works........1 goal in 6 matches ?

The style of football Gus is trting to get our players to adopt does work,but intelligent players are required Barnes Harley and Hoskins are hardly the sharpest tools in the box.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Never was to start with. But his halo is slipping.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
we was brilliant last season and that was down to poyet,let's cut him some slack,it's a tough league

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
A manager in his first ever mangers job, an assistant in his first ever assistant job, with a chairman in his first ever chairman job, all in charge of a squad which is full of players who have never played at this level.

I think we're doing ok, obviously we could have done better, but we are still finding our feet and are 11 points clear of the relegation zone

A manager in his first ever mangers job, an assistant in his first ever assistant job, with a chairman in his first ever chairman job, all in charge of a squad which is full of players who have never played at this level.

I think we're doing ok, obviously we could have done better, but we are still finding our feet and are 11 points clear of the relegation zone

Yeah sort of see what you mean:mad: When bloom has got a few more clubs under his belt things should get better:facepalm:
:moo:

libra-gully

Jan 26, 2011
Personally, my 'concern' is that last season we got embroiled in a 'who is best' contest with Southampton, and by winning the league we naively claimed the crown.

This season, with similar crowds, but noticeably less money, Southampton have shown by being 15 points ahead at this point, that something is not quite right within the corridors and concourses of Falmer.

Yes we have injuries and suspensions, but so do every other team.

Also of note is the way Blackpool rose to the Premiership on a shoestring.

Yes, on reflection Gus is the probably the right man for the job, but he has to appreciate a quicker ball into the box. Right now CMS is running his heart out for very little gain, which is criminal.

To read that Gus is keen to keep Barndoor Billy is a worry!

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
As a personality he is the most entertaining manager we have had. Listening to him talking after the match yesterday was classic Poyet. Not that this makes him a good manager. For the moment we should be happy and to be in this division for the start of next season would be a result. And who knows- we may even win tomorrow.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Personally, my 'concern' is that last season we got embroiled in a 'who is best' contest with Southampton, and by winning the league we naively claimed the crown.

This season, with similar crowds, but noticeably less money, Southampton have shown by being 15 points ahead at this point, that something is not quite right within the corridors and concourses of Falmer.

Yes we have injuries and suspensions, but so do every other team.

Also of note is the way Blackpool rose to the Premiership on a shoestring.

Yes, on reflection Gus is the probably the right man for the job, but he has to appreciate a quicker ball into the box. Right now CMS is running his heart out for very little gain, which is criminal.

To read that Gus is keen to keep Barndoor Billy is a worry!

This! Also NOT keeping FFS Murray and NOT getting a new keeper are his two greatest mistakes.

Outweighing holroyd, baz and batti last year.

libra-gully

Jan 26, 2011
errrr when has he ever said that ? !

I'm dismayed to say that Gus said in an interview last week that we will sit down with 'the elusive one' at the end of the week and see what is best for both parties.

Annoyingly, the tone was that there was an opportunity that he may be 'encouraged' to extend his loan period.

It must be remembered that previously, Gus has actively chased the player but lost out to Leeds. It seems that Gus has seen something in Billy that the rest of us haven't!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Obviously I am pleased with where we are.

But, there are questionmarks appearing over Gus. Not saying I want rid, far from it. But there are questionmarks.

The team has ONE plan. Gus is stubborn. His team seems ill disciplined and he has, at times, acted far from professionally himself. He should have kept Murray. He should have signed a proper, game running, tempo setting, centre midfield player. And, to me the most disappointing thing, he should not have defended Suarez and made flippant comments about a black player reporting racism.

Eastbourne Stripes

Smith must score
Jun 8, 2009
Eastbourne
Why do people keep blaming Gus for Murray leaving? the man asked for a salary outside the clubs wage structure simple as. Never wanted to play for BHA in my opinion how many transfer requests did he put in whilst here? Never showed any appreciation to the fans remember Brentford away couple of seasons ago! Moody northern twat move on evrybody, why hasnt he been replaced? because we cant afford anyone after spunking 2.5 mill on cms!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Why do people keep blaming Gus for Murray leaving? the man asked for a salary outside the clubs wage structure simple as. Never wanted to play for BHA in my opinion how many transfer requests did he put in whilst here? Never showed any appreciation to the fans remember Brentford away couple of seasons ago! Moody northern twat move on evrybody, why hasnt he been replaced? because we cant afford anyone after spunking 2.5 mill on cms!

I know, from someone close to Glenn, that he DID want to stay. I also know the wages he wanted are less than what Mackail-Smith is getting. The main issue seemed to be he wanted a year longer than what was on offer.

And yes, I do remember Brentford. And the abuse he got from a section of muppets in the away end. Not surprised he didn't clap the away end.

I also remember the goals, the skill, the defensive headers, the bringing other players into the game and how much we have missed exactly that type of player.

libra-gully

Jan 26, 2011
I know, from someone close to Glenn, that he DID want to stay. I also know the wages he wanted are less than what Mackail-Smith is getting. The main issue seemed to be he wanted a year longer than what was on offer.

And yes, I do remember Brentford. And the abuse he got from a section of muppets in the away end. Not surprised he didn't clap the away end.

I also remember the goals, the skill, the defensive headers, the bringing other players into the game and how much we have missed exactly that type of player.

I know it is easy in hindsight to say that we should have kept Murray, but that misses the point entirely. Without his goals, defensive headers and all round play, we would not have been promoted last season.

Simply, all this 'activity' is missing from the team right now. To be fair to Billy he has started most of the matches whilst here, and has made zero impact. Even I thought he would be better than he has been. After seeing him in action, I'm at a loss to what Gus has seen in him, to the extent that he got his man!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here