Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Garth Crooks the most annoying pundit EVER

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
I usually watch gilette soccer saturday which I love but am now forced to watch the bbc SCORE instead and to be honest, I quite like Garth and Steve :lolol:

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
Whilst I agree with most of what you say, you've really let yourself down with the 'Shearer is ok' line. Alan Shearer is probably the least insightful, most ill informed (no one knows who Hatem Ben Arfa is...) and thoroughly bland pundits I've ever seen. The worst thing about him is that it truly represents a complete dumbing down - he is not on Match of the Day because he has anything worthwhile to say, he is on there because he is a 'name'. Rubbish.
Totally agree. Shearer is truly terrible. Jimmy Hill used to really annoy me, but that was the point I suppose.

Phoenix Arrow

Mitoma Enthusiast
Aug 18, 2009
Sverige
Well, the BBC can't get any of the half decent ones since SSN has cornered the market. Final Score can f*** off as an entity. When do I get SSN back on Freeview? Can't afford Sky. :(

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Claridge is far worse, a proper whining weasel

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Garth Crooks is just weird. Self-important windbag asking faux-intellectual questions to thick millionaires that neither understand nor care.

Perfectly put Sir :clap:

In answer to the original question. My answer is simply - YES.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Watched Final Score today for the first time in ages. What an idiot Crooks is. What is with that eyes to the ceiling like he's talking to some higher being routine? Gabby Logan was Ok I thought although only having a few results to read out is no excuse for giving the chap who usually does it (with all those marvellous inflections that tell you what the result is before he gets past the first team's name) a day off. Claridge was just Claridge - as long as he sticks to facts and avoids opinions he is ok (just)

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
Was Crooks a mate of Justin Fashanu?

Last edited:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Turning on MOTD last night my heart sunk to see Shearer and Hansen on the sofa. The most interesting thing about Shearer was the too straight line just below his neck where he'd shaved his chest hair. At least on MOTD2 you get players who bring a different dimension - Marcus Hanneman was great value, and even the monosyllabic DJ Campbell was better than the usual suspects.

Going back to the original question - the Beeb are good with their ethnic quotas, and for that reason Garth Crooks will remain.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Whilst I agree with most of what you say, you've really let yourself down with the 'Shearer is ok' line. Alan Shearer is probably the least insightful, most ill informed (no one knows who Hatem Ben Arfa is...) and thoroughly bland pundits I've ever seen. The worst thing about him is that it truly represents a complete dumbing down - he is not on Match of the Day because he has anything worthwhile to say, he is on there because he is a 'name'. Rubbish.

I only say Shearer is 'ok' because I think he is probably the best of a bad bunch. At the end of the day, the BBC doesn't have one decent pundit.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Crooks is so tedious, pompous, monotonous and self important with nothing of any interest to say

Nov 2, 2008
Running BN1
Alan smith from sky sports is the biggest f***ing **** ever , I would f***ing stick a pole down his throat so i would never have to listen to that f***ing melt again, he is clueless never admits he is wrong even though you can tell he is wrong, If i ever come across him I will make sure he never commentates again !! WANKER

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here