Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Fleetwood better than Robinson?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Robinson better than Fleetwood. Maybe yes somewhere in Cuckoo land. He missed a glorious chance on Saturday but other than that I'd rather see him play than Robinson. For me, Mcleod was better than Robinson and I thought Mcleod should have been subbed after just 5 minutes!!!!!!!!

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Apart from a couple of half decent corners I can't remember anything else of note that McLeod did on Saturday apart from do a rubbish somersault in a vain attempt to challenge for the ball. Pity because he was brought in to be our creative left-footer who can cross and score the occasional goal, and he hasn't really done either for more than 5 minutes.

Jakey on form is always worth playing because when his head's in the right place, he can take on players, cross and score goals. Sadly, he's largely not been on form or had his head in the right place.

For me, Fleetwood flattered to deceive on Saturday - he *looked* pacey but rarely got behind the Leeds defence and on the one occasion when he did he fluffed the chance. Not convinced.

Give Jakey a game tomorrow night, Micky - what have you got to lose?

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
This Robinson argument is now pointless. I really like him as a player, and whenever he comes on he looks lively and causes a few problems but then gets dropped for the next game. I'm led to believe he has looked good for the reserves this season as well.

We've been shocking all season, and STILL Micky refuses to give people like Robinson a chance. How can we do ANY worse?!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
No, he's no better. Both look the same sort of player to me, an occasional starter up front, but in the main, will be an impact player off the bench, to add some pace and run at people.

But once again, when faced with two options, we turn our back on our own.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I think jake has a better touch and more physical (I know not saying a lot) - Fleetwood is quick that's it.
About the same ability - OK for squad but not first choice - although that applies to half the team now.

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
I think that jakey is a terrific player to come off the bench as he has pace and isn't afraid of running at players. i have seen fleetfood a few times now and other than his pace, has not impressed me. I think that Robinson definately deserves more games and think he would do well tomorrow night, i think this is the perfect game for him

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Think Robinson is better personally.

It is such a shame that Fleetwood gets to start and yet Robinson can't make the bench.

He looked lively when he came on against Shrewsbury and in the 10 minutes he was on, looked more likely to score than anyone else on the pitch. Yet he still hasn't started one single game!

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
As others have said they are pretty similar players both have plenty of pace but no bottle. Maybe if we started one & let him run at the opposition defence for an hour then replaced him with the other and let him do the same, our other strikers might have a chance of picking up the pieces from a tiring defence.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Ok, Robinson is just AWFUL! He is rubbish and should be packed off right this instant. Fleetwood on the other hand has potential.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Ok, Robinson is just AWFUL! He is rubbish and should be packed off right this instant. Fleetwood on the other hand has potential.

Potential for Charlton maybe.

Personally I would rather play Robinson and develop our own player. Fleetwood doesn't add anything that Robinson does. Given a run in the team I think RObinson would add just as much as Fleetwood has, and would arguably score more goals.

And can anyone tell me why we are given other club's youngsters valuable experience? Whats the point?

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I don't buy into this, Robinson is crap thing thats around at the moment. He seems to do
no worse than most other players when called upon. As others have said, would like to see him used a bit more maybe as an impact sub.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here