Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Fleetwood better than Robinson?

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
Fleetwood looks an OK sort of player. Has a fair bit of pace, chases about a lot, scores a few goals but not prolific at this standard.

Sounds very much like Robinson. Is he any better than Robinson? If not it's another waste of wages.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Fleetwood looks an OK sort of player. Has a fair bit of pace, chases about a lot, scores a few goals but not prolific at this standard.

Sounds very much like Robinson. Is he any better than Robinson? If not it's another waste of wages.

erm...yes?!

For a start, Fleetwood looks like someone who one could call a professional footballer.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
yes but good enough?... not so sure

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Yes.

But the quetion should probably be: Is Robinson better on the bench than an injured Glenn Murray?

I dont know if Robinson was injured, but for the ressies against Reading, he was pretty lively, our best player, though he didnt manage to take it round their keeper and still miss.

I would have had him on instead of Murray who looked as injured as Hawkins did at Northampton.

I think Micky's logic in bringing on Murray is because he looked brilliant when he came on against Swindon when FULLY FIT

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I thought Fleetwood was our best player on Saturday, and not just because of his quality beard (although that did help)

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I'm not sure really, I mean Fleetwood is a great showman, but as a drummer I'm not convinced he's one of the best.

Robinson was a visionary guitarist, with Blackfeather, but seemingly fell out with everybody he worked with and has now (according to youtube) hung up that smokin' Gibson for life. Sad but I guess it adds to his legend.

So for me It's Robinson all the way, as Fleetwood is really too tall.

Check it:

YouTube - Blackfeather - Mango's -Theme Part 2-

Kosh

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Nope. Absolutely not. At best he is the same. People won't say it of course but it's plain to see.

Lot of pace, absolutely no heart for the physical side of the game (if anything Robinson is braver than Fleetwood!), bottles it when in on goal.

They're exactly the same. Only Robinson doesn't completely give up and walk around like a little boy lost when asked to play on the wing.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
I dont know if Robinson was injured, but for the ressies against Reading, he was pretty lively, our best player, though he didnt manage to take it round their keeper and still miss.

I would have had him on instead of Murray who looked as injured as Hawkins did at Northampton.

I think Micky's logic in bringing on Murray is because he looked brilliant when he came on against Swindon when FULLY FIT

No, because, we are around the relagtion zone, need all the points we can get and need our best striker playing. Was it Millwall where Virgo got injured early on, Murray was on the bench not fully fit with Adams intnention to bring him on for the last 20 minutes? As it turned out had to bring him on a lot ealier than expected and he had a massive influence on the game. Perhaps Adams tried this gamble again, but unfortunately just didn't pay off this time.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Er, No

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
NO. Mickey's plan (so he said) was to try and turn the Leeds centre backs by attacking them with pace. He said this worked in the first half but not in the second. If we have one player who could have done that in the second half, that player is ROBINSON.

f***ing obvious really.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
No, because, we are around the relagtion zone, need all the points we can get and need our best striker playing. Was it Millwall where Virgo got injured early on, Murray was on the bench not fully fit with Adams intnention to bring him on for the last 20 minutes? As it turned out had to bring him on a lot ealier than expected and he had a massive influence on the game. Perhaps Adams tried this gamble again, but unfortunately just didn't pay off this time.

I agree, hindsight is a wonderful thing, but even I think that a fit robinson is better than a crippled Murray. Murray trained before the Millwall game, but not til the end of the week. This time he was injured all week and didnt train at all. NO idea why Robinson wasnt on the bench. Micky doesnt even normally put a sub goalie on, so robinson must have done something bad to Mickys pet dog.

Murray has come on and changed the game in the past, and that is Mickys logic for bringing him on. Indeed it was a gamble that backfired, Adams admitted that himself, but Murray still isnt to blame for the goal.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
I agree, hindsight is a wonderful thing, but even I think that a fit robinson is better than a crippled Murray. Murray trained before the Millwall game, but not til the end of the week. This time he was injured all week and didnt train at all. NO idea why Robinson wasnt on the bench. Micky doesnt even normally put a sub goalie on, so robinson must have done something bad to Mickys pet dog.

Murray has come on and changed the game in the past, and that is Mickys logic for bringing him on. Indeed it was a gamble that backfired, Adams admitted that himself, but Murray still isnt to blame for the goal.

Exactly, was a gamble, didn't pay off and like you said Adams admitted that. To be honest, in my opinion there's very little Robinson brings to the game, but like I said that's my opinion and I'm sure others will disagree. And you're right, Murray was not at fault and should not be blamed for the goal.

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
I thought Fleetwood was our best player on Saturday, and not just because of his quality beard (although that did help)

The game is all about opinions, but are you serious about that one? I think Fleetwood put in yet another frustrating performance for us. Wasn't as bad as some out there but far from the best IMHO (I'd have Elphick and even Whing as the better performers).

Even the much muted claim of blinding pace was debunked Saturday, as he was matched for pace over every level start with a Leeds defender.

Hindsight is a great thing, but I think Jake would have done marginally better. Admittedly not a lot in it though.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Given the choice I would rather have one of our "own" than a bloody loan player.

They are both shite but at least Jake is our shite.

parks

Jan 17, 2004
East Sussex
Jake will be sheer class in League 2 next season.....

Much better than Murray......so up front....Dixon and Robinson...oh the beauty of it......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here