Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is FDM coming back

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Just how bad is Kuipers' distribution? And how important is it to the style of our play?

I only ask because in purely goalkeeping terms (i.e keeping the ball out of the net) Kuipers is a very, very good keeper. I know his distribution is a little, er, wayward at times but surely it can't be so bad that it will keep him out of the team when his only opposition is a keeper who struggled against a league two side and who's kicking is only 'a little better than Michel's'.

Surely it's got ot be Kuipers on Saturday.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
BensGrandad said:
That is ignoring the fact that we had a better keeper on loan and the best he could hope for was as back up and the very occasional reserve games.

Look, the only way you get back to fitness is to play, so he was sent on loan rather than keep the bench warm and not get fit. Goalies even more than out field players need to play to get their reaction time up. BTW .... from the horses mouth mean anything to you ....

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
garry nelsons left foot said:
Just how bad is Kuipers' distribution? And how important is it to the style of our play?

I only ask because in purely goalkeeping terms (i.e keeping the ball out of the net) Kuipers is a very, very good keeper. I know his distribution is a little, er, wayward at times but surely it can't be so bad that it will keep him out of the team when his only opposition is a keeper who struggled against a league two side and who's kicking is only 'a little better than Michel's'.

Surely it's got ot be Kuipers on Saturday.

Why not? Look at a number of goals or chances this year scored from Hendos quick throw outs.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
KinkyGoehring said:
Why not? Look at a number of goals or chances this year scored from Hendos quick throw outs.

Well that's what I'd like to know. I haven't been back to England in a long time, I haven't seen how this team likes to play. How many chances did Henderson's throws create? How many chances did Blaney's distribution create?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
garry nelsons left foot said:
Well that's what I'd like to know. I haven't been back to England in a long time, I haven't seen how this team likes to play. How many chances did Henderson's throws create? How many chances did Blaney's distribution create?

If MM wants Kuipers to release the ball quickly maybe he should just tell him?

How hard can it be to throw the ball out quickly, or am I mising something here?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
BarrelofFun said:
There is a skill to it, to get it fast and accurate. Look how good schmeichel was at doing just that. I can't really remember Kuipers being that bad at throwing though.

Can't see that anything but throwing distance that can't be learnt very easily, you'd have to be mal co-ordinated not to be able to do it imo

rool

Jul 10, 2003
so it's come down to either a keeper who's brilliant at stopping the ball going into the net or one who's quite good at distribution.

that's a bit like choosing a striker who's quite good at holding the ball up and passing instead of picking (or buying) one who can actually score.

Oh hold on :p

Disclaimer
*all a bit tongue in cheek by the way and not directed at anyone in particular*

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here