Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Dick's Bar any good for a quick lunchtime bite?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Thinking of popping in shortly

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I took the Mrs there the other day. Now she is sceptical about all things football, but she enjoyed it. I had the staple Steak Pie, but the Mrs went for something abit more sophistiacted i.e Pannini. She thought it was very nice and good value.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
That's a cunning plan.
"Shall we go out for a spot of lunch, dear? I've heard Dick's Bar at the Amex is quite nice".

And you'll just spend all that time hanging around outside hoping to spot a certain player!

west upper king

Aug 31, 2011
the entrance is next to the club shop , and no you cant see the pitch unfortunatley ,and if you go into the stadium where the coaches park for matchdays they will tell you from there.Also the players were training in the stadium today :falmer:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
They give you a sticker to attach. It says, Guest in Dick's Bar. Great for lunch.

Sussex

MDAL
Apr 14, 2011
:drink:
Out of interest where is the entrance to Dicks Bar, I would like to go see the Mosaic - as well as enjoying a pint and snack sometime - not on a match day.

Next to the club shop on matchdays or you get to it through the main stadium glass fronted doors and up the stairs any other time.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
It's not a good place if speed is what you're looking for. I ordered 3 pints and 3 paninis on a non-matchday lunchtime and it was a full 25 minutes before the food arrived, there are some hopelessly untrained staff in there.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Are kids allowed in? On a normal day that is not match day as I know they are not on match day.

Fatboy Stenno

Feb 26, 2007
Haywards Heath
Yes, kids are allowed in on non-match days. I went there a few weeks back with Mrs Stenno and the kids and even she was impressed! (Plus I got retrospective cash-back on my purchases!)

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
It's not a good place if speed is what you're looking for. I ordered 3 pints and 3 paninis on a non-matchday lunchtime and it was a full 25 minutes before the food arrived, there are some hopelessly untrained staff in there.

I am hoping they have got their act together in the three weeks since me and the missus went there for lunch. Half of the items on the menu were unavailable. We queued for 20 minutes, which was a lot less than the people who came in afterwards. We waited 25 more minutes before the waitress came over to say they had run out of Tuna Melts (we spotted that ours was mistakenly given to someone on another table). So my food then turned up but my wife had to wait a further 10 minutes for her second choice to arrive. Not a great experience - they did redeem themselves a bit when they took my wife's meal off the bill (without us complaining) because of the poor service.
Quality of food and drink was OK. Decor is fine - other than the ceiling is just like the bar areas under the stands - they could do with tarting that up a bit.
Put some feedback up - I don't want one poor experience to dampen my enthusiasm for the place.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011

That's nothing compared to Sx Cricketer (cricket ground) at lunch on non-cricket days.
If order by 13.05, can still be waiting at 13:50.
That's quite often. Wasn't a one-off.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
It's not a good place if speed is what you're looking for.

Agree with that. Having been in there now I personally don't think it's worth the queueing to get into. It has seats but not enough and it's a bit like being in a supermarket cafe area with access via stair areas not much better than those in a multi story car park (except it didn't smell of piss :) ). The service was extremely slow as drinks are poured to order unlike in the concourses where there are ready poured pints waiting for distribution.
I guess it's just not for me but after all the fuss made about it initially I found it fairly underwhelming.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here