Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is David Lee the Ferret's gay lover?

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
On the Left Wing said:
he has David Lee touted for right midfield, central midfield and even as a strike partner to Molango.
No other Albion player is being given so many options to be in McGhee's starting XI for Saturday.

We have two problem positions...

Central Midfielder (because of Carpenter's injury)
Striker (because of Knights injury)

Lee can play in both positions

The only other realistic contender for Striker is Hart (I think last night has probably ruled Robinson out of the starting equation and besides, McGhee will not want to start with two inexperienced players upfront ... Lee has 64 league appearances to his name).

If Hart plays striker then you need a right-sided midfielder - another one of the positions that David Lee can play in.

That is why he has so many options - he is a utility player.

As mentioned elsewhere on the thread - if you just turn up to training you would think he was the Albion's star player. That is what McGhee, Booker etc. see on a daily basis.

For those who do slag him off, consider that he has only been given ONE league start for the Albion.

How many people went to Hillsborough in March last season?

Those who did have a right to comment and a right to judge.

But, consider also, after two-and-a-half years he finally makes his debut - what sort of pressure was he under on that day? (and for the record he did not play badly - losing Cullip at half-time probably cost us that match - even if it was with the final kick of the game).

McGhee has given him three months to transfer his training pitch potential into the first team.

I believe that he will start on Saturday - probably in central midfield as Nicolas did not look "div 1 ready" at Lewes last night (although he's perhaps not too far off)

Last edited:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Re: Re: Is David Lee the Ferret's gay lover?

Robert Lester Zamora said:

I remember saying after the game how annoyed I was by the abuse he get from the stands on that day.

He didn't play badly at all at Hillsborough. He was neat and tidy. Kept posession well.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Re: Re: Re: Is David Lee the Ferret's gay lover?

Turkey said:
He didn't play badly at all at Hillsborough. He was neat and tidy. Kept posession well.
Amazing how people see things differently, i clearly remember him givin the ball away on numerous occasions, turning backwards and playing the ball back when there was space for a run down the wing, not running into space when other players were looking for options & also i dont remember one of his crosses getting higher than a foot off the floor.

;)

Last edited:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I am now very worried, the team people are touting for Saturday would struggle and probably lose against most Div 2 sides. Hurry back Chippie for christ sake! :nono:

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth

Turkey said:
I remember saying after the game how annoyed I was by the abuse he get from the stands on that day.

Without a doubt his loss of posession led to Wednesday's 2nd goal, although I agree with RLZ that losing Cullip was the main factor. Certainly the fans didn't help that day including the chant 'Oh David Lee, you must be shagging Mark Mcghee' Well done lads.

For what its worth I thought he was our worst player that day and I was trying to keep an open mind despite the hysteria surrounding me (Jones had that award in the bag before he started playing like Ryan Giggs in the last 25 minutes). I would like to be proved wrong.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Re: Re: Re: Re: Is David Lee the Ferret's gay lover?

Hannibal smith said:
Without a doubt his loss of posession led to Wednesday's 2nd goal, although I agree with RLZ that losing Cullip was the main factor. Certainly the fans didn't help that day including the chant 'Oh David Lee, you must be shagging Mark Mcghee' Well done lads.

For what its worth I thought he was our worst player that day and I was trying to keep an open mind despite the hysteria surrounding me (Jones had that award in the bag before he started playing like Ryan Giggs in the last 25 minutes). I would like to be proved wrong.

i ask you this,

would you give a toss about playing well for a club whos own fans abuse you everytime you touch the ball or come on as a sub to boos and your shit lee everytime?

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Is David Lee the Ferret's gay lover?

kinkygerbil said:
i ask you this,

would you give a toss about playing well for a club whos own fans abuse you everytime you touch the ball or come on as a sub to boos and your shit lee everytime?

Depends what your made of. For me I'd want to prove them wrong and go out with an 'I'll show you attitude' Certainly that's what it seems Butters did. As well as this I'd give a toss because no Football club means stacking shelfs - and I'd much rather be given stcik on a football picth than that.

In any case, as I stated originally, I don't think abusing Lee is the way forward to him playing himself into the team - Giving him a break might just improve his play (it also might not):jester:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003

kinkygerbil said:
i ask you this,

Although abusing the players at matches is not helpful, in reality these guys are paid (and even at our level), paid well to do a job to the best of their ability.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf

kinkygerbil said:
i ask you this,

I was embarassed at the open top bus play off celebrations when the players were introduced one by one.

Lee got choruses of Eew Aaw.

It was cruel and unnecessary. It was supposed to be a celebration for goodness sake.

I dont think Lee is a particularly good player but I will never ever boo him or hurl abuse at him.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Is David Lee the Ferret's gay lover?

Yorkie said:
I was embarassed at the open top bus play off celebrations when the players were introduced one by one.

Lee got choruses of Eew Aaw.

It was cruel and unnecessary. It was supposed to be a celebration for goodness sake.

I dont think Lee is a particularly good player but I will never ever boo him or hurl abuse at him.

We were singing DAVID LEE FOOTBALL GENIUS

Turkey said:

f***ing arse licker. :jester:

I went to Hillborough and thought he was crap.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Re: Is David Lee the Ferret's gay lover?

Safeway said:
f***ing arse licker. :jester:

I went to Hillborough and thought he was crap.

C U Next Tuesday Steven. :jester:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
What odds on Dave Lee scoring on Saturday?

Donny Osmond

Jul 6, 2003
The two games I can remember Lee from are Wednesday and QPR in the LDV. He was poor in both of them.
If he plays on satrday I will be disapointed but hopefull that he can prove me wrong.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Re: Re: Is David Lee the Ferret's gay lover?

Robert Lester Zamora said:

But, consider also, after two-and-a-half years he finally makes his debut - what sort of pressure was he under on that day? (and for the record he did not play badly - losing Cullip at half-time probably cost us that match - even if it was with the final kick of the game).

Sorry I disagree .... I was at Hillsborough and Lee played a stinker. He lost possession, passed to the opposition more times than not and of the few occasions he tried to take the ball forward he was robboed. I thought he was the wosrt player to wear an Albion shirt in many years .... on that one performance I would not pick him again ... IMHO!

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I have not been impressed with Lee on the few occasions I have seen him play, BUT ......

..... I DO have faith in our manager's ability to pick the best team on the day and if McGhee believes Lee should start then we should all give him (Lee) 100% backing. If he has a poor game it will be as obvious to McGhee as it is to the rest of us.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Is Lee the player who wanted a transfer last season AND wanted us to pay off his contract?? Whoever that was, I dislike a lot. ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here