Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is DAB the new Eight Track?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
There is no confirmed, suspected or rumoured date for closing FM.

hmmm.....must've dreamt that then or got confused with the Digital move over thingy, oh well, ta :)

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
There is no plan to shut down the FM band at all. For starters, it's just too useful in an emergency. And there's no use for it other than radio, so the government might as well keep on raising money out of it.

Starry -- as for putting your Reciva radio near your wireless router, I had heard it was fairly sensitive too. Mine happens to be on the same sideboard. So the answer is: dunno, sorry.

Firstly I cant believe PlanetRock is shutting down....thats the only decent DAB station bar Radio2, XFM and SportsXtra for the cricket!

Secondly I thought that FM was shutting down in a few years and everywhere would eventually be Digital meaning DAB is certainly gonna be around for a long time to come, or did I get that wrong?

you got it wrong (well, about FM shutting down in a few years)

but we will be doing it to TV first

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
There is no plan to shut down the FM band at all. For starters, it's just too useful in an emergency. And there's no use for it other than radio, so the government might as well keep on raising money out of it.

Starry -- as for putting your Reciva radio near your wireless router, I had heard it was fairly sensitive too. Mine happens to be on the same sideboard. So the answer is: dunno, sorry.

We went and bought one today, I have tried and tested it all over the house and it's been fine. It's a great gadget. Thanks!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here