Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Crewe a must win game already ?

Uncle Buck said:
But so are your opinions and put downs but we still have to put up with you being a sanctimonious prick.

It's you who are always constantly picking childish fights. I gave an opinion on this thread about why losing a second game is not that terrible a thing, all I got from you was a rote personal attack - it sums you up, doesn't it. For some reason you have a massive chip on your shoulder about something and I can't work out what it is.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
It's you who are always constantly picking childish fights. I gave an opinion on this thread about why losing a second game is not that terrible a thing, all I got from you was a rote personal attack - it sums you up, doesn't it. For some reason you have a massive chip on your shoulder about something and I can't work out what it is.

I am actually rather well balance, I have a chip on both shoulders.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I think it is, otherwise they will have a nice head start which come the end of the season will prove costly. Not to mention what it will do to confidence losing to one of our rivals at home

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
The Laughing Bluebird said:
Why? Are the Football League awarding less points for wins in August this season?

Ah, welcome back LB :wave:

Did you go last night? Apparently cracking atmosphere helped your boys on in the second half? What's this I here on Sky about you being after Todorov (sp)? Will be excellent, if fit, at this level

Yeah, wonderful. At least Bob Monkhouse's lost joke book went to a good home.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
London Irish said:
No, for the entirely logical reason that most teams are finding their feet and best formations/selections. Teams like us particularly so who have some new players to integrate.

Are there any teams in this division who don't have some new players to integrate?

I think it's fair to say that both Plymouth and Watford managed to avoid relegation last season as a result of their early season form. Wins don't earn double points after Christmas.

I'll figure out one day what makes you so miserable.

Last edited:

Are there any teams in this division who don't have some new players to integrate?

I think it's fair to say that both Plymouth and Watford managed to avoid relegation last season as a result of their early season form. Wins don't earn double points after Christmas.

And how long did it take us to win a game then? We're still here I think?

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Uncle Buck said:
I am actually rather well balance, I have a chip on both shoulders.

I didn't know you were a Jock?

or is that a racist comment

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
London Irish said:
And how long did it take us to win a game then? We're still here I think?

Your original comment was that performances are more important than results at this stage of the season, and that's bollocks. Results are important at every stage of the season. Obviously.

You're not thinking of friendlies by any chance, are you?

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Dancin Ninja BHA said:
Did you go last night? Apparently cracking atmosphere helped your boys on in the second half? What's this I here on Sky about you being after Todorov (sp)? Will be excellent, if fit, at this level

I was indeed there last night. Never miss home games. Disappointing attendance of just over 15,000, but the atmosphere was superb, particularly in the second half. Koumas got a wonderful reception when he replaced Boland, and he scored an absolute screamer almost immediately.

Leeds were the better side in the first half, but we controlled the second half and just about deserved the victory. Harding played well - he was the Leeds player who was most talked about in the pub after the game.

Don't know what's happening with Todorov. Sky were apparently reporting that we've signed him on a six month loan deal yesterday, but I didn't see the reports myself. We definitely need a striker though. Attack is the one area where we look weak.

Your original comment was that performances are more important than results at this stage of the season, and that's bollocks.

That's not a new argument TLB - that's repeating an original unargued assertion and then putting "bollocks" on the end of it :) As such, I stand by my original comment that bad results at this stage are far less important than at the end of the season because you have plenty of time to do something about them. Commonsense, surely?

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
London Irish said:
I stand by my original comment that bad results at this stage are far less important than at the end of the season because you have plenty of time to do something about them. Common sense, surely?

Load of nonsense, definitely.

As I recall, Albion lost 13 early-season games on the trot a couple of years ago. The team's form for the rest of the season was more than reasonable by comparison to the other sides in the relegation battle, but that dismal run of results in the early months cost Brighton their place in the Championship.

Bad results are important at any stage of the season.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Im with LB on this one, we need a result and sharpish.

And i dont care how we get it.

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I agree with LB.

If we didnt go on a 13 game losing run at the beginning of the season when Hinsh was in charge then maybe Coppell would have kept us up.

In fact he definitely would have done coz the table after christmas that season had us at about 17th.

Just four points out of those games we lost would have saved us that year. Early season results do count.

As I recall, Albion lost 13 early-season games on the trot a couple of years ago. The team's form for the rest of the season was more than reasonable by comparison to the other sides in the relegation battle, but that dismal run of results in the early months cost Brighton their place in the Championship.

Not so, Coppell got us out of the bottom 3 by February/March. It was the failure to match the performances from then on of Stoke that sent us down. Recall better.

Is it necessary to add that we were virtually in September when we had our first win last season?

Oddly enough, TLB gave the perfect example against his own argument. If the Gills had shown a bit of composure on the last day, all of Crewe's early season success wouldn't have mattered a jot.

Last edited:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
of course its a must win . . .uless we want to get relegated

if we can't beat the bottom 3 teams then we may as well resign to relegation now

and anyway, who wants to Loose to Palace anyway :lolol:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
London Irish said:
Oddly enough, TLB gave the perfect example against his own argument. If the Gills had shown a bit of composure on the last day, all of Crewe's early season success wouldn't have mattered a jot.

I didn't mention Gillingham. Or Crewe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here