Is christmas celebrated too early ?

• Yes.

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • No.

Votes: 7 36.8%

• Total voters

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
I think it is. sorry but isnt it too early to have christmas decorations up and christmas adverts on tv ? and that idiot neil morrisey (funny though he was in men behaving badly) in those crappy homebase ads with mrs.trout herself,:lolol: what the hell are they all about ?

What do you think ?

I don't know, I don't know...

2000 words and 8 hours on NSC later

***shakes***

time to go home now said teddy time to go home

fire3.jpg

xx

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
I like having a celebration throughout the months of December. It's the dakest month of the year, and having lots of lights on, candles, some presents and parties brightens things up a little.

To me Christmas isn't the day itself (which I'm not that interested in) but all the stuff leadnig up to it. I'm glad it's around, but it's always possible to opt out if you want. No-one forces you to go Christmas shopping at the busiest times if you don't want to.

ukade

Oct 7, 2003
It is celerbrated to early, and by the time it gets here we are all fed up with it. What annoys me the most is the fact that after 1:00pm on christmas day new adverts start appearing again but this time for the boxing day sales and it makes you think is christmas really worth it and also makes me think all christmas is about is companies making more money and becoming more greedy.

I think everyone needs to be educated more on the reasons for christmas and why we celebrate it, I myself might start to appreciate it more if they took a different approach to it. The idea and concept of christmas is wrong buy me a present and I will give you one back. Who can buy the biggest present.
I have already told my family not to bother this year, and I am not even bothering with cards either what's the point of it all. I used to love christmas but not anymore. I also feel that it should be illegal for big business to advertise on Christmas day it is wrong and totally ruins my day. Yes I know we can watch other channels but that is not the point.

Does anyone agree?
:angry: :angry: :angry:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Three years ago I actually saw my first Christmas Advert in July !

Could labour the point but Christmas has lost it's original meaning, it's an excuse for over indulgence and sloth. And, what the hell's wrong with that ? :lol:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Only 40 years ago most Christmas do's at work were actually held in January ie a dinner/dance. It gave you something to look forward to when Christmas had finished.

Traditionally Christmas consists of 12 days starting Christmas Eve until 6th Jan.

Some retailers idea of Christmas presents are totally ludicrous. Only yesterday I saw a furniture shop with a huge mirror in the window with a card beside it saying 'Ideal Christmas present'

Anybody want a giant mirror for a present? (don't answer that Safeway)

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
People near me have had their dec's up for at least a fortnight.

On Tuesday of this week I had my first Carol Singers knock on my door (the 25th Nov !) - they said they were trying to get ahead of the rush........what for next year !

It always makes me laugh as well that several well known stores start selling Easter Eggs on Boxing Day !

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
i don't get the chance to celebrate it early so,no!

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Yes - I thin k that we start thinking about christmas from december the 1st, that gives everyone just over 3 weeks!

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Is Xmas too early?

December the 25th seems about right to me?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here