Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

is chippy finished

skintmanblues

Feb 7, 2004
Orsham
i just think that richard carpenter is now finished at albion and think that saying he was injured v scunny was a excuse i think he was dropped fraser now must have a good run in the side
also williams should be dropped 4 boston on tuesday and play gatting to give him some more exp

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
cant change a winning side - that team has to play

Loft23

Dec 11, 2004
Burgess Hill
I think Chippy's best days are over although he could still be a good player to have on the bench.
As for Boston, I think we should rest players such as Revell, Lynch, Hammond etc. as it's really not a very important game and there's no point in tiring out some of our better players.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Scotty M said:
cant change a winning side - that team has to play

That must be a new philosophy. It used to be a requirement to change the winning side didn't it? :lolol:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
This is surely Chippy's last season. Though he started pretty brightly this time around, for about three games, he should probably have been let go in the Summer. His days of conjuring unlikely goals from dead-ball situations and from long-range shots are long gone. Sad, but every player has to call it a day sooner or later.

I know he's not been here ten years, but IMHO Chippy, Kerry and OGH deserve a joint testimonial in a big ground against quality opposition.

shabba

Dec 22, 2004
Bookham
Chippy has been a great servant to this club, but has always been the butt of jibes from the people who understand football the least. If he was quicker, more mobile and consitent with his passing he would not not be playing here, but in the premier league!

As he gets older it takes a few more games for him to get the pace of the game if injured or suspended.

However, he is a strong, hard working, good all round midfiled player and can hold his own against any central midfield player in this division.

Get off his back and learn about the game first!

Lastly, Fraser is a good prospect but he is a long way short of a League 1 holding midfield player yet,

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
shabba said:
Chippy has been a great servant to this club, but has always been the butt of jibes from the people who understand football the least. If he was quicker, more mobile and consitent with his passing he would not not be playing here, but in the premier league!

As he gets older it takes a few more games for him to get the pace of the game if injured or suspended.

However, he is a strong, hard working, good all round midfiled player and can hold his own against any central midfield player in this division.

Great post :clap:

I have taking the precaution of smiting out mine own eyes, lest they betray me in such a fashion ever again.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Hiney said:
The trouble is, they're ALL important games when you are trying to build a winning mentality.

Exactly, we need to make a TEAM that plays week in week out - thats the only way we're going to get out of this division, without having the "Zamora/Knight (dare i say it) factor

shabba

Dec 22, 2004
Bookham
But the the young prospects have bad games and are not consistent, cox, el abd,
why are they exempt from this craving for consistency just because they are young, if anything they are less consitent?

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
shabba said:
But the the young prospects have bad games and are not consistent, cox, el abd,
why are they exempt from this craving for consistency just because they are young, if anything they are less consitent?

I think Cox and probably Revell are the two most consistent players we have had this season.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Loft23 said:
I think Chippy's best days are over although he could still be a good player to have on the bench.
As for Boston, I think we should rest players such as Revell, Lynch, Hammond etc. as it's really not a very important game and there's no point in tiring out some of our better players.

Isn't there a new rule this season stating we have to field a strong side?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
beardy gull said:
Isn't there a new rule this season stating we have to field a strong side?

Yep your right

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Ernest said:
Must play the 6th most appearing first team players in the Paint Pot or get fined £5000.

I see you bottled out on the phone in yesterday.Haven't got the crown jewels of a real man to speak to Knight then;)

shabba said:

Lastly, Fraser is a good prospect but he is a long way short of a League 1 holding midfield player yet,

Well said Shabba.

The people who write off Chippy are exactly the same people who write off Mayo and Butters.

We will need all our experienced pros to get out of the hole of relegation. Fraser did OK yesterday, for me it was his most convincing game for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here