Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Cardiff the first MASSIVE Albion game for most NSC'ers

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
Wembley 83 was before my time :( and play off final 91 was too young to go, so sunday is going to be my biggest game and I cannot wait it's going to be awesome.

Not my first, went to both FA Cup finals and the Semi. The playoff final at wembley. I was a season ticket holder (with my Dad) for the 1978/79 promotion season and the following seasons.

But i am sooooo excited :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I was old enough for Wembley 83 but not able to go, so this will be the largest crowd for an Albion game I have been to.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Wembley '83 was biggest for me - 100k crowd

Reinelt 62

Jul 5, 2003
Don't forget:

Chelsea away in the FA Cup replay in 1967: 54,850

and

Sheff Wed in the FA Cup Semi-Final in 1983: 54,650

went to the first

:ascarf:

but not the second

:cry:

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
I agree with many others on here; this isn't a very big game in terms of its on-the-pitch importance. Hereford, Doncaster, perhaps even Wigan at home that season were ENORMOUS games for us.

But this is our chance to point out so much about Falmer, and to attract new support, and to have a good time.

So it's a big MATCH even if it's not a big GAME.

Oh jesus, I now sound like Richie Morris. Time for bed.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
92,000 for the replay at Wembly was my 'biggest' game.

Anyone remember the attendance for the Liverpool FA Cup game at Anfield in 1991 ( or was it '92 ? ) I was at that one as well.

Went to Old Trafford for the League Cup game in '92, it seemed more than 25K at the time, but the Stretford End was being ' cantilevered ' to match the rest of the ground.

Went to a few big crowds not involving the Albion when at Uni in London, Chelsea vs. Liverpool and Arsenal against someone I've totally forgotten ( Villa ??? ) spring hazily to mind !

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
19/3/83 Sat. FL D1 (a) D 1-1 1-0 S.Gatting 36,700

Funny to think that in 1983, Man Utd were getting gates only slightly bigger than Leicester & Southampton get these days innit.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Easily the biggest for me! The biggest I've been to before this was Sheffield Wednesday. But that was half empty as usual.

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
I'd forgotten about the Stretford end being rebuilt when we las went to Old Trafford.

Incidentally how many were at the game at Anfield in 1991? That must have been a big crowd.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here