Brighton

Attachments

• Aleister_Crowley_1.png
    Aleister_Crowley_1.png
    78.3 KB · Views: 212

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Lentil co-operative anyone? I moved out of Brighton two and a half years ago and moved to Lewes mainly for the luxury of having a three bedroom house with a garden as opposed to a pokey 2 bed maisonette with a concrete patio and it was the best thing for us. Brighton is 15 minutes away, the traffic is nowhere near as bad, no drunks, lots of great pubs and cafes, no beggars, no intimidation when you walk the streets. I see Brighton's quality but is is really irritating to see all these Londoners who come to Britains 'hippest city' and erode what made it hip - the individuality, the quirkiness and the tolerance. I hate Fanshawe and his yearning to be the mayor of Coolville. Brighton doesn't need to talk itself up and boast about how great it is.

Lewes is a funny little place very insular - everybody knows everybody but it has loads of character and a family feel about it. the pace of life is not so frenetic and there are loads of yummy mummies, yoga teachers and right wing lefties (eat tofu and hate foreigners)

every place has its good and bad and I still have a great affection for Brighton, it does stand out and if I won the lottery I would probably buy the house of my dreams in Brighton but until then i am pretty happy where i am

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
the traffic is nowhere near as bad, no drunks, lots of great pubs and cafes, no beggars, no intimidation when you walk the streets.

I never understand people complaining about the traffic in Brighton. There's never any problem if you know where you're going. I can't say I've ever felt intimidated either - I often feel that is much more the mark of a small town where chavs run free.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I never understand people complaining about the traffic in Brighton. There's never any problem if you know where you're going.

My issue is the hundreds of cars that litter the streets, sitting stationary, pumping out fumes all over the place. The seafront, the Old Steine, Preston Park and so on.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the answer to the title is YES. its a bloody marvellous city.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I thought it was a good article but nothing ground breaking. As others have said, we should all be incredibly proud of our city. Whether you agree with the green vote, random nutters walking about, a vegetarian shoe shop, crustys that refuse to accept it is 2010 and odd student types or not, one thing is for sure: Brighton is unique.

The number of cities that are 'identi-kit' are staggering, a night out in most towns or cities is exactly the same, same shops, same pubs, same chrome and carpet clubs and Trevs and Sharons that all look the same. That can certainly not be said of Brigton (West st apart) It has CHARACTER and I love it.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
It's a pleasant town, by the sea and down the road from London. Parts of the place has become a little snobby and tiresome.

Nicely put....I would have said some of it is in danger of disappearing up its own arsehole....or slightly more politely,believing its own bullshit!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here