Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Billy Sharp Worth the £1million+ Investment??

well...

• Yes - lets take the English leagues by storm

Votes: 53 36.8%
  • Yes - but only if we sell Murray

Votes: 38 26.4%
  • Undecided - it is a huge gamble

Votes: 18 12.5%
  • No Way - he wont cut it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • We dont have that kind of money so stop dreaming

Votes: 27 18.8%
  • We dont need to add to the sqaud

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Sharp is a gobby little shite who we shouldnt touch!

Votes: 6 4.2%

• Total voters

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I voted gobby little shite. A lot is being made by Big Russ of the importance of team spirit and work ethic. The last thing we need is some gobby big bollocks spoiling what is shaping up nicely into a hard working team with no-one thinking they're better than anyone else. I'm not saying that he'd be in the Leon Knight stakes, but the signs are there.

But then if Slade thought that Sharp would be a negative influence on the dressing room surely we wouldn't be interested?

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Northern lad, has the chance to go to Championship Doncaster, just one good reason why he'd want to come to us please??

Lovely Brighton......Shit-hole Doncaster.

What kind of a no-brain muppet would chose to go to Doncaster?

Even people from Doncaster wouldn't go there by choice.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Over the course of our rebuilding we've spent what ...... £300k tops ~(lynch money included)

Can't see in a million years why we would suddenly spend 1m

Because Slade knew what players he wanted, his targets have been able to be brought for not much at all, that doesn't mean that we can't spend big money. We just spend 100k on a 23 year old from Crawley.

None of us mere mortals can judge if the club can afford him.If we can afford him without risking any stability finacially, then sure. Why not. But if its going to potentially put us in the red then absolutly not.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Not convinced that an ambitious Northern footballer is gonna give a toss about how "nice" Brighton is, and Donny may or may not be in the Championship next year but if I was forced to place a bet today as to whether Donny or Albion are more likely to be kicking of next season in the Championship, I wouldn't be betting on the Albion.

I like your thinking, but it's unfortunately a Brighton FAN's thinking and wouldn't convince me if I was Billy Sharp...we are also highly unlikely to offer more money in his pocket than a Championship club will.

What I was'nt thinking of earlier is that if he lives near or around Sheffield, he will not have to move as Donny is very close, and not disrupt any family he may or may not have. On the other side, Doncaster relegation struggle and partnering Mark McCammon (if he is still there).

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
he was brilliant in Gladiator, sign him up

11984.jpg

bigbadbonkingbob

Aug 21, 2006
Lovely Brighton......Shit-hole Doncaster.

What kind of a no-brain muppet would chose to go to Doncaster?

Even people from Doncaster wouldn't go there by choice.

Plus Doncaster are skint, their chairman was saying a few days ago that he's no idea where they're going to get the money from to buy Sharp.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Plus Doncaster are skint, their chairman was saying a few days ago that he's no idea where they're going to get the money from to buy Sharp.

So if their chairman has said "we can't afford him", how can they be in the running for him?!?

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
i voted gobby little shite and i don't think we should touch him. we've had problems with billy big time types unsettling the dressing room before and i don't think we need a stroppy gob shite playing in the stripes, thank you very much.

do you remember when we drew 1.1 V scunny and he was playing for them? he moaned he dived he moaned a bit more. looked like he thought he was too good for a wet afternoon at withers.

dickinson looks great and forster is back soon, plus murrey will be with us until he can be replaced so i don't think we need another forward. davies is rubbish but can warm the bench.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
The very fact that we are even discussing this is baffling to say the least. Billy Sharp will not drop down a league to sign for us. Especially as we still have 2 years remaining at withdean..aint gonna happen im afraid

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
I've heard two versions, the first is that Sheffield United only want £500k and the other, they want £800k.

I'm therefore guessing that the £1m package would include players 'signing on' fee and wages?!

If thats the case, regardless of whether we sell Murray now or not, lets get him in. :clap: :clap:

And John Joe O'Toole whilst we are at it. :clap:

Also/finally, is/was Adam Hammil the premiershite winger we are interested in? If so, he's now talking to Barnsley. :down:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I would absolutely love it if he came here, i do think TB would fork up the cash if RS made the pitch well or if he got him to agree to personal terms, but would he want to move down a league and down south?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Would be a instant cult hero,,a proven goalscorer with attitude,nothing wrong with a bit of attitude, if its channeled in the right direction.Also a lot of northern players settle down south really well and love it..If at all possible,we should pull all the stops out to try and get him.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well I think OPPOSING fans think the same of Forster...diving and moaning constantly.

That doesnt mean he is a billy big bollocks so no reason to think Sharp is either...

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Would love it to happen but sorry to say, there´s more chance of Leon Knight going to church than Billy Gob Sharpe joining the homeless

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
If we can afford him then we should pull out all the stops to sign him, the last time he was in this division he scored goals for fun.
As for the gob-shite comments that upsets the opposing players (and fans) and leads to them making mistakes.
Billy Sharp is a far better striker than anyone we have at the club currently.
As for not getting 600k for Murray, take in the fact that Rochdale have (i believe) a 25% sell on clause this means that we would actully only be getting 450k for him, can we really sell for less?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here