Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Bennett going (yet another Benno thread, don't open if it offends)

Is Bennett off?

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I personally think he's going..

No fence option

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Same here

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Shame but, bye bye Elliott, :wave:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
yet another thread by a Norwich troll and we think they must be right despite Gus saying he is staying put?

perhaps the coach back from Watford did a detour via Norwich and dropped him off

Mark Jones

Jan 28, 2011
He wants to but its maybe too late in the month. Had he handed his transfer request in mid month it may have happened. So, no!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
yet another thread by a Norwich troll and we think they must be right despite Gus saying he is staying put?

Wishful thinking or selective hearing/reading? As far as I am aware neither Gus nor TB have said he is staying, if they have please point me to it. I have seen we don't need to sell and we don't want to sell but not that we WON'T sell. It is the ambivelence that worries me

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Wishful thinking or selective hearing/reading? As far as I am aware neither Gus nor TB have said he is staying, if they have please point me to it. I have seen we don't need to sell and we don't want to sell but not that we WON'T sell. It is the ambivelence that worries me

Dont let it worry you! if he goes we will get a fair wodge for him and we have other good players to come up to the mark.....Noone, Bridcut, Lua Lua???? If he stays he is a good professional and will perform to his best. I hope he stays but what will be will be and we will move on.

First Wizard

Jan 30, 2011
I know how you all feel, because we had it with Dean Ashton, but you can relax, imo, he'll stay with you.

smiler

Jan 12, 2006
Shoreham by Sea
After TB's comments that he is not going and the fact that he has just signed a long contract I would be extemely upset if he went.
How the hell can we keep any player!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Probably, on the proviso that Gus has someone lined up to take his place. I can't see us risking our league push, when our chairman has come out and said that we don't necessarily need to sell him.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
He obviously fancies the move but I really think that Bloom and Gus have a lot in their favour:

- We aren't desperate for cash.
- Long term contract.
- Gus has already said Elliott is the model pro so no worries about his reaction if he isn't allowed to move.
- On top of that I think we have a decent chance of convincing him to stick around until at least the summer and then surely the lure of falmer will be stronger and he may even stay past then.

All in all I think Bloom and Poyet should put their foot down due to how late it is in the window. I'm sure Gus has a plan if Bennett goes (maybe this lad on trial and Nooney to replace?) but surely we don't have time to spend the fee we will receive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here