Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is being English BETTER than being Welsh or Scottish?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It's the truth.:clap2:

Originally posted by Artois Re: Is being English BETTER than being Welsh or Scottish?
england-flag-092.jpg

Well?

:jester:

It actually doesn't matter at all, until we play football . Then it's FAR better to be ENGERLISH !

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
Gully said:
Mum is Irish, dad is English, both have Scottish ancestry but now live in Wales. I always considered myself British, nothing more or less and am proud to declare myself as coming from Sussex (though I wasn't actually born there). I never thought of myself as being English, that was until I lived in Scotland where I was reminded of the fact, in often less than polite terms, on an almost daily basis.

Gully, I've got a funny feeling I've met you before. Did you work in Edinburgh doing IT stuff? If you're the same person you came to me for legal advice and we went for a pint afterwards. Saw you a couple of years later at a boxing match in Edmonton for some reason. If it's not you I do apologise!

Last edited:

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
On the Left Wing said:
Both my middle daughters are Scottish (and live in Argyll) and when I speak to them on the phone I often have great difficulty understanding them!!!

:D
Fan of the Year?
Sounds as if you're producing offspring throughout the British Isles.
Can we nominate you as football stud of the year.

As regards the English, let's remember that the Falmer villagers, the Lewes LibDems and every pillock who screams against our stadium but advocates bigger golf clubhouses and car parks on the South Downs is English.

Last edited:

Easy 10 said:
I'll remind you of that during the next WORLD CUP FINALS Crabber.

To be on the safe side, though, make sure you remind him in the EARLY STAGES.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
ENGLISH AND PROUD ! (until Andy Johnson gets an England Squad place and then i become Scottish and take the piss out the stupid sweed of a manager for picking a stupid ponce , a useless bastard from croydon and the neville brothers :angry: )

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I do think the English get a hard time of it from time to time. Hollywood started picking on us after the end of the cold war.

I always used to cheer for Scotland in the World Cup until I relaised they hated us !

Hove&Albion F.C

May 15, 2004
Im more proud about being from sussex than being english. Esp living up north now.

Both parents are sussex born and bred- mum hastings dad brighton, so quite strong family ties to the county.

And we're going up AND WE'LL win the cup for good sussex by the sea!
:albion:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here