Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is automatic promotion out of the question ?

Southern Toon

Aug 6, 2010
Unlikely ...Albion are currently 12th in the goals scored for table with 5 teams just one goal behind ( 3 have played one game more). Last season Albion finished 13th in the goals for table, so on present form its going to take a lot of one nil wins to get automatic promotion. Is that down to the players or the mangers tactics?. Take your pick.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
There are so many teams fighting over second place, I don't see why we can't sneak up there and join in the battle.

This place is hilarious sometimes, Friday night and people were saying "If we don't beat Hull, our season is over". Now we've beaten them automatic promotion is an option again :lolol:

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
There are so many teams fighting over second place, I don't see why we can't sneak up there and join in the battle.

This place is hilarious sometimes, Friday night and people were saying "If we don't beat Hull, our season is over". Now we've beaten them automatic promotion is an option again :lolol:

Because you'd need 8 points MORE than any of the real automatic promotion chasing teams - Palace, Hull and Leicester.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Because you'd need 8 points MORE than any of the real automatic promotion chasing teams - Palace, Hull and Leicester.

You forgot Watford.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

And your opinion as a Palace fan on a Brighton specific thread is relevant, why?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I can't see us getting 8 points more than Leicester in that time. It wouldn't actually surprise me if we finished above either Palace or Hull though.

Personally, I really really can't see us finishing 2nd.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
So we now have a game in hand on everyone above us apart from Leicester who play their game in hand on us on Tuesday night at home to B'Burn, having only picked up 1 point in their last 3 matches.

Does feel like a charge for 2nd is going to be defined by the next 3 away games, Bristol City, Bolton and Barnsley. Making the rather bold assumption we beat H'Field on Saturday, 5 points or more from those 3 games would set us massively for that Sunday home fixture.

I'm feeling like we could make a charge I seriously am. :thumbsup:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Havent looked at the fixtures but what would suit us is if the top teams have each other or even relegation threatened sides to play as they usually put up a fight, if so anything is possible.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
So we now have a game in hand on everyone above us apart from Leicester who play their game in hand on us on Tuesday night at home to B'Burn, having only picked up 1 point in their last 3 matches.

Does feel like a charge for 2nd is going to be defined by the next 3 away games, Bristol City, Bolton and Barnsley. Making the rather bold assumption we beat H'Field on Saturday, 5 points or more from those 3 games would set us massively for that Sunday home fixture.

I'm feeling like we could make a charge I seriously am. :thumbsup:

Watford too consistent and strong in my view.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Havent looked at the fixtures but what would suit us is if the top teams have each other or even relegation threatened sides to play as they usually put up a fight, if so anything is possible.

Championship
Brighton V Huddersfield Sat 2 Mar 15:00 Relegation threatened

Bristol City V Brighton Tue 5 Mar 19:45 Relegation threatened

Bolton V Brighton Sat 9 Mar 15:00

Barnsley V Brighton Tue 12 Mar 19:45 Relegation threatened

Brighton V Crystal Palace Sun 17 Mar 12:00 Relegation threatened :D:D:D:D:D

Nottm Forest V Brighton Sat 30 Mar 15:00 Looking at play-offs

April 2013

Brighton V Charlton Tue 2 Apr 19:45

Brighton V Leicester Sat 6 Apr 15:00 Looking at play-offs/automatic

Middlesbrough V Brighton Sat 13 Apr 15:00 Play offs

Peterborough V Brighton Tue 16 Apr 19:45 Fighting for their lives

Brighton V Blackpool Sat 20 Apr 15:00 Relegatin threatened?

Leeds United V Brighton Sat 27 Apr 15:00 Striving for play-offs/DIRTY

Brighton V Wolves Sat 4 May 12:45 Relegation threatened

Personally I think your run in is going to be incredibly hard.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Watford too consistent and strong in my view.

You are of course probably right, but who knows what a bit of pressure might do to them though. I'm consistently wrong with gut feelings I have to say, but it just feels like we could emerge a real surprise challenger through the run in.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Also you have five games in fifteen days, between 2nd March-15th March you should all have a pretty good idea where your season will end up.

Last edited:

LukeOwen

Jun 7, 2011
Hampshire
Championship

April 2013

I'd rather play teams that are looking like they are going down than any other teams.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Championship

April 2013

That is a fair assessment. I don't see too many gimmes in that list. It is a tough run in, my only consolation is that the same could be said for everybody else's run in.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
No chance, not even 1%. Cardiff are too far ahead now, and the chances of both Watford and Hull dropping enough points (particularly Watford) for us to overhaul 10 points in 13 games are minimal. Best we could hope for would be 4th, which is as good as 6th IMO.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Just getting to play offs would do for me. Long way to go yet and lots of emotional ups and downs for everyone apart from Baadiff I reckon

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
In 1978/79, we were mid-table with fifteen games to go, but were promoted to the first division after a storming run to the finish. We finished in second place, behind Palace, but would have won the league under the current three-points-for-a-win system.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here