Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is attention seeking killing Nsc?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The board is really slow at the moment which, with the public inquiry and the last 3 months of a great season coming up, is surprising.

Do you think that's down to a few posters who keep insisting on posting threads with negative moaning comments and others who insist on trying to push the boundaries as far as they can go?

There are quite a few quality posters who just aren't around at the moment, or who only post rarely.

Are they sick and tired of it all?

larus

I'm on here virtually every day, either at work (tut, tut), or at home.

The number of threads I bother to open now is lower than it used to be. I get a bit irritated by some posters who slag off other posters.

Also, there's this assumption amongst certain posters, that because you've got a high post count, then that must mean that you know a lot about the albion, and therefore, any gossip or comments you post are worthy of higher regard than a newby.

Well, the other point of view could be that a lot (although not all) of these posters with very high post counts are likely to be teenagers/people in their early twenties who are unlikely to have many real personnal contacts and in reality are only going to be posting gossip that they've heard in the form of 'Chinese Whispers'.

I do dislike some of the slagging off of players. Some people just don't learn. Look at the treatment of Guy Butters :bowdown: 2 seasons ago, and see how he's regarded now. Then the same thing happened with McCammon, and although he isn't a Michael Owen, he adds a better option up front than Virgo, but no, some posters think they know so much more than McGhee when it comes to football.

We're all entitled to an opinion, but sometimes certain posters think they are the 'font of wisdom'.

Apart from that, it's great. :)

Last edited:

Yorkie said:
The board is really slow at the moment which, with the public inquiry and the last 3 months of a great season coming up, is surprising.

Do you think that's down to a few posters who keep insisting on posting threads with negative moaning comments and others who insist on trying to push the boundaries as far as they can go?

There are quite a few quality posters who just aren't around at the moment, or who only post rarely.

Are they sick and tired of it all?

Do you know - this is the second time I have spent 10 minutes formulating a response to a thread, only to erase it because I can't be bothered. I can't be arsed to have to try and defend accusations against being a Nazi or patronising or a keyboard warrior.

You may have something there. (And, no, I don't see myself as a quality poster!)

rool

Jul 10, 2003
The fun factor has mostly disappeared from what it was a few years back although there have been some side splitting threads more recently. Plus there seems to be an intollerance of others opinions from 'quality posters' whilst they seem to be able to say what they like pretty much unchallenged. Heaven forbid if you disagree or don't find their stuff funny as you'll have them and the rest of their pals onto you like a shot.

Inconsistent moderating from 'quality posters' doesn't help either.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
tinx said:
If this isn't attention seeking then what is?

A genuine question

I don't start many threads.

I know I irritate you but that's life.

Albion Rob

The bottom line in all of this is that if people don't like NSC, they don't have to view it and they certainly don't have to post. There are other forums such as Brightonfans and NSP which may be more to their tastes.

NSC does not serve any function for the club and is shaped by its posters. The current power elite have a certain view on things and I'm sure over time a different elite will rise to the fore. That's the way life goes I guess.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
If you don't back the club 100%, dislike hearing about people helping other clubs and don't think McGhee is doing a great job you are like a leper around here. And heavan forbid you criticize anyone.

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
tinx said:
If you don't back the club 100%, dislike hearing about people helping other clubs and don't think McGhee is doing a great job you are like a leper around here. And heavan forbid you criticize anyone.

what he said :wave:

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
larus said:
but no, some posters think they know so much more than McGhee when it comes to football.

We're all entitled to an opinion, but sometimes certain posters think they are the 'font of wisdom'.

But, conversely, half the times someone actually ventures an opinion (which is surely the object of the board), they are shot down, told that their view doesn't count because it's "negative", and because McGhee knows more than them ... it's such an idiotic, redundant response, yet it happens so much.

And what's a quality poster supposed to be?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I dont think its the negative threads that are a problem, they have always been on NSC and stir up debate, if anything its the crowd who slaughter anyone who dares to criticise the club who put me off.

Oh and there are a handful of posters, most of whom are fairly young from what I can gather, who have gone out of control on the attention seeking stakes.

But I guess you just have to ignore them, a couple of years ago it was a different crowd doing exactly the same thing.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Albion Rob said:

NSC does not serve any function for the club and is shaped by its posters. The current power elite have a certain view on things and I'm sure over time a different elite will rise to the fore. That's the way life goes I guess.

I tend not to agree with that. I actually believe NSC has an effect on the club and its fans. Take for example:

Robert Eaton Memorial fund.....this is something that I dare say would not have come about if it was not for the people of NSC. After all Robert was a poster - Ricky Marlowe's Hairpiece

Seagulls Ska......Atilla and the gang diod most if not all of their hard work on promoting the single via here.

Falmer action groups...again apart from Falmer For All which is basically a Supporters Club group, many things have been planned and actioned via NSC...Flowers for Prescott etc

Finally, the death of Mari Harding and the subsequent money that people paid in her memory to he club as far as the Alive and Kicking and general request for help from the club. I know of many people who would not have paid into the club, but felt moved to donate to the club instead of flowers etc to the family, as they requested.

So I think NSC does provide a very good link between club and supporters and yes we all flounce off at times when people post things that really hit a nerve:jester: but at the end of the day, these people only post things they think will shock because they think it is some way funny....what is funny to one person is not to another.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Repugnant Toad said:
But, conversely, half the times someone actually ventures an opinion (which is surely the object of the board), they are shot down, told that their view doesn't count because it's "negative", and because McGhee knows more than them ... it's such an idiotic, redundant response, yet it happens so much.

And what's a quality poster supposed to be?

Yep ...we dont have to agree..but an opinion is that "an opinion" and should be voiced...the problem is too much non football bollox ( In my opinion !!) some of which is bad taste and pointless ( again my opinion)

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
To an extent I agree but some people actually seem to enjoy Kev's bollocks and Kinky Gerbils threads that are literally about nothing but that's the way it is. This board still provides a function all the same but it has got worse.

And NSP is better.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
tinx said:
No I disagree Mr tinx. I think what happens is that if you post a view that 90% of people disagree with then 90% of the responses will be opposed to your view. Some will be polite ("I disagree") and some will be rude ("What a load of bollocks") and a very few will be offensive ("why don't you shut your f-ing mouth you ****"). That's what happens in life and it doesn't make someone a 'leper'. I've found myself posting minority views on a few occassions (the hunting ban is STUPID!), and having stuck my head over the parpet I expect to get it shot off in a variety of ways.

And I personally LOVE the threads that turn into personal abuse and slanging matches!

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Albion Dan said:

Oh and there are a handful of posters, most of whom are fairly young from what I can gather, who have gone out of control on the attention seeking stakes.

But I guess you just have to ignore them, a couple of years ago it was a different crowd doing exactly the same thing.

yes ..but they dont alf get on your tits !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here